Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi All,

After dropping my Son off in York Yesterday, Thought I'd wash the EVOQUE, & found this....So it looks like another "Smart" Paint Job needed, so not a happy Bunny After forking out for the last one....

Quite Peeved that I didn't go for the Dealer Dent & Scratch Insurance now, Only went with the Alloy Cover, Which are Pristine...LOL!!!!

So just asking, Does anyone know of any Company that do Dent & Scratch Insurance AFTER you buy the Car? Once the Smart Paint Repair is Done on the Front Bumper, then the Bodywork will be Perfect again....So just trying to Explore my Options, as I feel either another Brick hitting my Beloved or some other Catastrophe!!!

Cheers for any advice....

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,891 Posts
Wow that looks nasty, what caused it?

Where is it on your car, I can't work it out from your picture?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CoolBlueWhyte,

It's on the Front Bumper, Driver's Side, just to the left & Below the Headlight....

I Travelled to York from Merseyside yesterday & literally parked in the Uni Car Park for 30mins, to Drop my Son & his Gear off & then returned back....

It's quite deep into the Plastic of the Bumper, so can only assume, a Stone was thrown-up by a Car in Front & hit the Bumper, But I can't recall any "thud", But I was listening to My Music whilst Driving, and there are a lot of Road Works in between, with the Upgrades to Smart Motorways going on everywhere.....

So just trying to find out whether once fixed, I can get some Insurance sorted, to cover myself in the future, As I don't want to fork out over a £100 every Couple of Months on more Repairs....Apart from the Bumper now, it hasn't got a scratch....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Let us know how you get on with that.

I have exactly te same but on the passenger side. When I spoke to a couple of places about touching them in they were reluctant to do so because of the difficulty blending in the Firenza red.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kron said:
Let us know how you get on with that.

I have exactly te same but on the passenger side. When I spoke to a couple of places about touching them in they were reluctant to do so because of the difficulty blending in the Firenza red.
Which places did you go 2?

When some Woman Dented my Driver's Door a few Months back, Chipsaway refused to do it, as did a Dent Specialst....

But the Revive! Smart Repair Guy which goes around the JLR Dealers did an awsume Job, & I for one, Can't tell the Difference, especially as the Damage was on the Door Crease.....

Is doing a Smart Repair on a Bumper a more Complex Job, than Doing it on the Drivers Door?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts