Evoque Owners Club banner
141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
No low battery warning this morning after reactivating keyless yesterday so there might be something in this, will continue to monitor though

Also on picking the car up last Saturday I asked the question whether JLR would give us an extended warranty by way of compensation for all this trouble and wary of the fact manufacturers warranty runs out next March, the dealer applied to JLR yesterday morning for extending our warranty and just now received confirmation thats its been approved to run from March 2023 to March 2024 including assist

Can't really grumble at the service from Vertu in Chesterfield

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
No low battery warning this morning after reactivating keyless yesterday so there might be something in this, will continue to monitor though

Also on picking the car up last Saturday I asked the question whether JLR would give us an extended warranty by way of compensation for all this trouble and wary of the fact manufacturers warranty runs out next March, the dealer applied to JLR yesterday morning for extending our warranty and just now received confirmation thats its been approved to run from March 2023 to March 2024 including assist

Can't really grumble at the service from Vertu in Chesterfield
wow that was well worth asking .. :) and still can't get over the connection between disabling and having keyless but as you say there has to be something in it ..

·
Registered
MY2020 D180 HSE Eiger Grey/Ebony Windsor Leather
27 Posts
I bet that the programming was compromised by a decision made by a bean counter. Someone probably said “everyone will want keyless access to their car, don’t bother testing the software on the car if keyless access is disabled, we can save on development time”.
Anyway, that is a good result from JLR. The least I’d expect from them.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
I can't see 'disabling keyless entry' documented in the MY20 Owner's Manual. So JLR could well say that using the 'unofficial' button sequence to disable shouldn't be done.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
But the Dealership sent me an email showing how to disable and re-enable keyless entry using the remote.
As I mentioned - they probably got that via Google! I would ask them if it's an official thing...

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I've emailed JLR this afternoon @HmmmUK and asked the question for you

Reactions: HmmmUK

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is email I received from Dealership:

"Below is what I’ve been advised. The workshop manager said he hasn’t heard of anyone having had a flat battery issue when this has been done so hope this works for you!

Ask the customer to do this sequence to turn off Keyless Entry feature:

• Sit in car
  • Ignition should be left off
  • Press headlamp button on key fob 3 times
  • Press unlock button on key fob once
  • Repeat this 3 times

Check the outside of the car to see if it has worked.

Keyless Entry can be switched back on this way:

• Sit in car
  • Ignition should be left off
  • Press headlamp button on key fob 3 times
  • Press lock button on key fob once

Check the outside of the car to see if it has worked."

I was also shown the same on an iPad by a different service adviser at the Dealership.
No-one from LR Assist was aware of this either.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
2nd day in a row with no low battery warning after reactivating keyless. Still waiting for JLR to turn their computer on and read my email though, we could be some time

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
2nd day in a row with no low battery warning after reactivating keyless. Still waiting for JLR to turn their computer on and read my email though, we could be some time
you mean they work ?

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
JLR computer, they’re probably waiting for parts for it 🤔

Reactions: Angel

·
Registered
258 Posts
My car now been at Dealership for about 3 weeks trying to fix problem of flat battery after 25 miles after keyless entry disabled. Yesterday they took car for 25 miles drive. I turned up unannounced today to see state of battery. However car is apparently now connected to a monitoring machine for the weekend to see if any modules were causing flat battery - so they still haven’t a clue. All the tests they’ve done have been under instructions from head office. The head mechanic spent a long time explaining what they’d done but they are still clueless.
Now, this is the best bit - I told them I knew of another MY20 D180 Evoque with the same problem trying to be sorted by another Dealership who also are clueless and trying to remedy as instructed by head office. I suggested that with @Doink’s permission my Dealership contacts his Dealership and also head office who I assumed were aware of his same problem to compare notes. I was told of no benefit as each time a problem is reported to head office it is given a case number and all cases are worked on individually - there is apparently no comparing of cases even if it’s the same specific problem to a similar spec car!!

·
Registered
MY2020 D180 HSE Eiger Grey/Ebony Windsor Leather
27 Posts
Hence the reason that all dealers say that they’ve never heard of the/any problem before. Obviously if a ’technician’ says they’ve had loads of them in with whatever problem they are speaking out of turn and without the backing of JLR!

·
Registered
2020 R Dynamic SE, Eiger grey, Black pack, Panoramic roof
48 Posts
Just my personal opinion after following this thread, and I know some of you are not going to agree or like it, but if the problem does turn out to be disabling the keyless entry then you should be taking the blame yourselves. It is not meant to be disabled and you are doing it 'unofficially' and blaming JLR and the dealerships for your problems. If it was meant to be disabled then there would be a simple on off setting to do it, not some round the houses keyfob pressing found on google.
Im sorry for the people having the problems, it must be awful trying to start your car and it being dead, but its easy to blame the manufacturer when in reality its your own doing.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Land Rover Customer Service / LRCE @[email protected] (Last seen online Feb 2 2022)
They could learn so much from a forum like this. Yes, they would need to filter out a lot of chit-chat but they would be able to pick up on all sorts of things by listening to their paying customers!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Just my personal opinion after following this thread, and I know some of you are not going to agree or like it, but if the problem does turn out to be disabling the keyless entry then you should be taking the blame yourselves. It is not meant to be disabled and you are doing it 'unofficially' and blaming JLR and the dealerships for your problems. If it was meant to be disabled then there would be a simple on off setting to do it, not some round the houses keyfob pressing found on google.
Im sorry for the people having the problems, it must be awful trying to start your car and it being dead, but its easy to blame the manufacturer when in reality its your own doing.
Look back through the posts - @squint was advised by his dealership how to disable keyless entry!
So your comment isn't valid :)

But as I've mentioned, we need to know if they just Googled that or if it's official :)

·
Registered
2020 R Dynamic SE, Eiger grey, Black pack, Panoramic roof
48 Posts
I have looked through the posts, and as you've just said it is not clear where this method has come from, but im sure it is not in the manual!
So my comment is perfectly valid.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Most if not all marques employ the keyfob method and there's nothing anywhere that says it's not a recognised or approved method, I'm still waiting for the email from JLR but Monday I will contact the dealer to see if keyless can be coded out instead of using the keyfob or whether the keyfob method is a dealer/manufacturer accepted way, that should put these 'its your own doing' comments to bed as those that say that don't know themselves

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
I have looked through the posts, and as you've just said it is not clear where this method has come from, but im sure it is not in the manual!
So my comment is perfectly valid.
Not really, as you mentioned blaming the dealers - who gave their customer instructions on how to do it...
We'll have to agree to disagree on this :)

141 - 160 of 202 Posts