Evoque Owners Club banner
121 - 140 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
I've just spoken to the dealer tech who worked on it and explain it only started happening since disabling keyless, he'd never heard of that before but found it interesting and will be speaking to JLR technical today
Are you going to try enabling keyless to see if the issue is repeatable?

You LR dealer is probably reading this thread after Goooooogling 😁
Funny how dealers don't appreciate forums...

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Coincidence both Dealerships changed TCU?? - you sure your Dealership hasn’t already contacted them?
Technician said he changes 4 to 5 faulty TCU's a month .

He recalled that we had disabled ours but thought nothing of it till I mentioned you and your exact same issues, he said he would have never associated the keyless and flat battery being linked but was intrigued and will be reporting that to JLR today

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Yes, first though I will wait to see if it goes flat enough not to start, get assist out and jump it then I will reactivate keyless and take it from there

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2020 R Dynamic SE, Eiger grey, Black pack, Panoramic roof
48 Posts
Probably a silly comment but why are you disabling the keyless entry? Is it not a good thing to have?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
To combat relay theft

·
Registered
258 Posts
Technician said he changes 4 to 5 faulty TCU's a month .

He recalled that we had disabled ours but thought nothing of it till I mentioned you and your exact same issues, he said he would have never associated the keyless and flat battery being linked but was intrigued and will be reporting that to JLR today
I’ve asked Dealership today to ask head office if they’re aware of anyone else with similar problem - I didn’t tell them about you! Let’s see what they say!
Surely they must monitor these forums?!

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
They'll probably come back and say they are aware but so far its only affecting Seoul pearl silver evoques!

What we need is for as many members on here disable their keyless and monitor for low battery warnings over 2 or 3 weeks, get the warning and then reactivate keyless to see if it goes away

·
Registered
258 Posts
Better still - don’t reactivate - just everyone call out LR assist and everyone goes to Dealerships!
We could even start a support group!

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
If it carries on I'll need a support group lol!

Reactions: Angel and XZ4

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
They'll probably come back and say they are aware but so far its only affecting Seoul pearl silver evoques!

What we need is for as many members on here disable their keyless and monitor for low battery warnings over 2 or 3 weeks, get the warning and then reactivate keyless to see if it goes away
Can’t disable mine - I don’t have it 🤣

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
if I disable mine I'd have to start finding my keys that are buried at the bottom of the bag somewhere :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
You'll manage I'm sure

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
mind you if I flatten the battery won't need my keys 😂

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
621 Posts

Did mine about 2 months ago but it would be one hell of a leak to flatten my battery. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Did mine about 2 months ago but it would be one hell of a leak to flatten my battery. :oops: :ROFLMAO:
Doesn't the PHEV have a 12v battery controlling the non-drive electrics? Even Telsa does...

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
621 Posts
Doesn't the PHEV have a 12v battery controlling the non-drive electrics? Even Telsa does...
Yes but it's charged through integrated charger from the main battery - lots of power to keep it topped up, I would think it would show itself as a problem if you ran the main battery flat and let it stand for a week but no one is going to do that without good reason.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Low battery warning again this morning but did start, this is after 75 miles of driving yesterday and parking up around 7pm. So today she has lots of errands to run so have reactivated keyless this morning and will see what the next few days bring

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well if it’s like mine - all was well on re- enabling - after disabling battery went flat again after being left overnight.

121 - 140 of 202 Posts