Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started yesterday morning out of the blue, car gets used like diesels going out of fashion, not enough power to turn over which in turn set off the theft alert and had the call centre ringing within a minute, assist came out and checked alternator and all was fine and is charging, we used the car a few times yesterday between runs and started fine for the rest of the day, today though just now we went to start and set off and again battery low and won't turn over, assist on the way possibly to fit a new battery, no fault codes stored yesterday but will check again just in case. Not asking for help or pointers as thats what the warranty and assist is for, just strange how its out of the blue and only 2 years old to the week

Now if we need to get it recovered then Farnell Chesterfield would be our preference over Inchcape Derby and we live in Derby too but I know Chesterfield have no LR/RR courtesy cars as the salesmen sold them all, they now use Hyundai Kona's as no bugger wants them lol

Will keep you updated

Reactions: Gtiaps and Veteran

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Sounds like something is draining the battery.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
if you go through assist they will sort out a car for you .. I did this as LR had no cars for me once and they took my first one down and assist sorted me out a loaner someone met me at the garage ( they had no connection with garage at all ) with a top of range Range Rover ( daddy one ) as I call it all in black I really did feel like a drugs dealer that week ... but the garage were even surprised at to what was given to me lol ... was hell to park though they are just to big 😂 good luck 🤞

·
Registered
2013 L538 2.2 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,597 Posts
Yep +1 with LR Assist sorting you a car regardless if which dealer you use.
I suppose there is so much tech in these cars that the battery takes a beating. Only 2 years thou, is not what you’d expect.
May be you hurt the Evoque’s feelings thinking about another car :unsure:

Reactions: Gtiaps and Doink

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See what happens today with this new battery and if it let's us down again maybe tomorrow or Tuesday morning then they can recover it and sort us a car out, might ask for a defender :p

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
When I had use assist, they arranged for a car from another dealership to be taken to my dealership to meet me. Excellent service

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Used them once on our older evoque and yes can't fault their service

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Assist just left after a good 2hrs pouring over the car, pointless fitting a battery as its fine but there is a drain, could not pinpoint or isolate the fault but at first it was thought it was the telematics module but nothing conclusive so its being recovered tomorrow morning to a dealer of our choice likely to be Farnell Chesterfield and assist to provide a courtesy car

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
134 Posts
Do you use battery maintainer?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never used one, never needed to as it gets plenty of use but if there's a drain then it needs tracing and fixing, not my problem its under warranty so zero stress

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Might be worth adding your model year to the thread description in case it ends up being useful for those with similar issues with a newish Evoque.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it a forum requirement? :p

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Assist just left after a good 2hrs pouring over the car, pointless fitting a battery as its fine but there is a drain, could not pinpoint or isolate the fault but at first it was thought it was the telematics module but nothing conclusive so its being recovered tomorrow morning to a dealer of our choice likely to be Farnell Chesterfield and assist to provide a courtesy car
Ah, as I suspected a possible drain!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Obviously LRA have, but just before you got the drain problem have you (or anybody else) plugged in to the OBD port. When I tried a bluetooth dongle in the obd to run a scanner (just a phone app type) I found it created a continued drain after being disconnected. Apparently this is a known issue and is easily solved by disconnecting the battery for a minute or so. I've also found that after the car went in for its MOT at my JLR dealer the last two times it came back with the same drain problem (and same fix), which doesn't fill me with confidence. :rolleyes:
Just a thought?

Reactions: Doogi and Veteran

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not plugged anything into the OBD although I have read that you have to reverse out of and close each program you have open rather than just unplug.

Only thing plugged in is the wireless charger in the USB under the arm rest..........I wonder :unsure:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not plugged anything into the OBD although I have read that you have to reverse out of and close each program you have open rather than just unplug.
Yes, a generic bluetooth/scanner app probably not refined enough to satisfy JLR Pathfinder's requirements.
As for my local dealer, I can well imagine them just yanking the obd plug out during the MOT's.
(Service manager usually hides when I call in ;))

Only thing plugged in is the wireless charger in the USB under the arm rest..........I wonder :unsure:
Is it a recent addition?

I'll be in your neck of the woods in a couple of days for the mother-in laws 90th birthday (I used to live in the Nott'm-Derby area), I'll do my best not to break down anywhere near Inchcape. :)(y)

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had it in a couple of months now and wondering if it's slowly but surely drained the battery enough to the point its not enough to start it

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Is it live when the car isn't running?
I didn't think there were any live USBs, but not familiar with later models.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts