Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, We're now on our 3rd tank of diesel in our 3 week old SD4 with the 9sp auto but despite averaging 5 green lights on all the eco settings (brake, throttle etc) are struggling to see better than a 33-34 average, way below the early 40s we hoped for. Driving is a little in town but a good sectio of mid to long runs as well. Does this sound right? Our old 2008 Seat Leon FR was the 170ps Tdi and that averaged 41-42 mpg ont he same journies and we were hoping the Evoque would be similar (in fact we were told by many to expect better).I know it's a heavy car but with the new 9sp we hoped the mpg issues of the manual and 6sp auto had been resolved :(
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,878 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Low 30's is quite normal. The best I've ever got (based on the OBC) is 52, but that was on a long run at a fairly constant 50mph.

Check out fuelly, you'll see what others (such as myself) are actually getting. Also don't rely on the OBC whilst mine appears to be pretty accurate, you need to base it on litres used / miles travelled using an app such as Gas Cubby and/or sites like fuelly.

Also we still haven't really let ours rev over around 2.5k revs yet and we're still only getting low 30's on average, but that's all almost entirely around town. My car's done about 1,400 miles so far.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
1500 miles in, average is around 36, mostly town driving, most we've seen is 48 with Mrs Vader driving, lowest was around 26 with me pretending I was Jenson Button using the flappy paddles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
MY15 Dynamic six-speed regularly get 40-49, the highest I've had was 49.4 but never hit the magic 50.
I didn't buy the Evoque for MPG value but it's certainly surprised me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
I have done around 2000 miles in mine which is a manual car not an automatic and I achieve around the 32 mpg mark with mainly urban/city driving.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Patience is the key here. Bang on the miles and it starts to free up nicely. Mine is on 19000 miles and I'm seeing mid forties on a run and not a lot less round town. I think on the journey home from the dealers at delivery I got about 25mpg and crapped myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
We've had our sd4 nine speed auto for 10 days now.
It's done just over 600 miles over the 10 days averaging 36 mpg.
Short journeys early 30's and the longer journeys up to 47 mpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
3500 mls in mine, 9 speed auto.

Get 30 round toŵn and on a very long run last week, averaging between 50-70mph over 420 miles I got 41mpg on the computer, not sure if thats very accurate though, they are normally over optomisitc!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Hi there.
This is my first post. But have been lurking for some time!

Came across this thread as I was quite worried about consumption on my new 2015 Dynamic (SD4)
But perhaps I shouldn't be worried at all having just read the links posted earlier in the thread.

I am returning an overall average of 39.8 mpg after 1st month of ownership and 1010 miles. And most journeys are above 40mpg.
BUT. Had a 4 day break on Anglesey recently. On a run from the island to Betws Y Coed. Average was an unbelievable 72 mpg!!
All twisty roads through the mountains!
Edited by: Deepjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
I never believe the spin in the brochure and the OBC is hardly ever accurate tbh.
But in real world driving mine is just 4 months old and I've done 4300 miles the average is 35.4mpg. Not unhappy with this but it falls short of peoples expectations when you read the sales blurb.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,878 Posts
Deepjoy said:
Had a 4 day break on Anglesey recently. On a run from the island to Betws Y Coed. Average was an unbelievable 72 mpg!!
All twisty roads through the mountains!
WHAT?
Was it all downhill?
I have never had anything like that on any of my Evoques and wonder how you managed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
The 200 mile old Courtesy Evoque manual I have at the minute is getting 34mpg average, not bad seeing it's brand new and it's probably been thrashed by a few people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Sorcerer said:
Deepjoy said:
Had a 4 day break on Anglesey recently. On a run from the island to Betws Y Coed. Average was an unbelievable 72 mpg!!
All twisty roads through the mountains!
WHAT?
Was it all downhill?
I have never had anything like that on any of my Evoques and wonder how you managed it.
I couldn't believe it either. When I figure out how to post pictures. I will take a a photo of graph on eco thingy!
The road was all twists and bends through the mountains!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Deepjoy said:
Hi there.
This is my first post. But have been lurking for some time!

Came across this thread as I was quite worried about consumption on my new 2015 Dynamic (SD4)
But perhaps I shouldn't be worried at all having just read the links posted earlier in the thread.

I am returning an overall average of 39.8 mpg after 1st month of ownership and 1010 miles. And most journeys are above 40mpg.
BUT. Had a 4 day break on Anglesey recently. On a run from the island to Betws Y Coed. Average was an unbelievable 72 mpg!!
All twisty roads through the mountains!
Sorry, thats not right, the only way to get an average 72mpg would be downhill with your foot off the gas, no way is that possible in regular driving at any speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Kugaman1 said:
Deepjoy said:
Hi there.
This is my first post. But have been lurking for some time!

Came across this thread as I was quite worried about consumption on my new 2015 Dynamic (SD4)
But perhaps I shouldn't be worried at all having just read the links posted earlier in the thread.

I am returning an overall average of 39.8 mpg after 1st month of ownership and 1010 miles. And most journeys are above 40mpg.
BUT. Had a 4 day break on Anglesey recently. On a run from the island to Betws Y Coed. Average was an unbelievable 72 mpg!!
All twisty roads through the mountains!
Sorry, thats not right, the only way to get an average 72mpg would be downhill with your foot off the gas, no way is that possible in regular driving at any speed.
Well I'm sorry. Maybe the ECO section on the touchscreen is faulty. But I checkrd it again today where it gives a graph of best journeys etc.
It gives it as best at 99% average speed 33mph. Also shows on my In Control app on my phone where it logs journeys!
Like I said previously. Tomorrow I will photograph data on touchscreen and post pictures. If I can get my head around how to do it!
It may well be giving wrong readout. But I am most certainly not making this up or a spammer for that matter!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
I have got a Feb 15 build sd4 Auto and I am getting 40.07 based on fill ups after 2000 miles. Previous car was an Oct 14 sd4 Auto at SME's stage was showing 37.8 mpg. Over 10,000 miles averaged 38.29 mpg again based on fill ups.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Deepjoy said:
....Tomorrow I will photograph data on touchscreen and post pictures. If I can get my head around how to do it!
Ive just tried out the method of getting an Incontrol Remote screengrab from my android phone,
With the screen you want on display, just press the volume & power buttons together & you get the 'screengrab successful' message up. I then sent this to myself via gmail so I could do a quick edit & resize, but I guess you could send to the site directly.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Thanks Restyler. I will give it a go tomorrow morning!


Although it will be from the readout in the car. As I have deleted journeys from app. I only keep most recent journeys!Edited by: Deepjoy
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top