Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my 198 mile round trip from Tewkesbury to Basingstoke and acheived 50.3mpg! Economy def better than my MY13 would have only got maybe 42. Most of the drive was between 65 and 70mph good clear run, except for the 1hr I spent stationary because of an accident on A34......but I was very glad I was able to watch tv even if I did have to keep switching it on every 20mins.

·
Registered
811 Posts
cjh said:
.....but I was very glad I was able to watch tv even if I did have to keep switching it on every 20mins.
I thought TV option could only be viewed by passenger
With engine off can driver see screen as well?

·
Super Moderator
4,875 Posts
restyler said:
cjh said:
.....but I was very glad I was able to watch tv even if I did have to keep switching it on every 20mins.
I thought TV option could only be viewed by passenger
With engine off can driver see screen as well?
Yes. But when you start driving, the screen reverts back to the home page for driver, leaving passenger to watch tv. Its something to do with the way the pixels are overlaid I believe.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've just done 150 mile trip and only got 42mpg which I'm a bit disappointed with. Cruising at just over 70mph.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mouse said:
I've just done 150 mile trip and only got 42mpg which I'm a bit disappointed with. Cruising at just over 70mph.

Yes, I get about the same... I got 44mpg with the cruise set to 77 (
) on a run. Mixed driving around town I am getting 35mpg. I thought that was quite good for a big auto. My old company car was a Passat Auto Bluemotion and I used to get the same maybe slightly more.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've not done any long runs yet only short round town , short trips to work and I'm get 32 , so I be interested to see what I get on a run.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep I seem to be getting around 35 around town and 44 on a run at 75ish. It's still only done 600 miles so hopefully will loosen up a bit. Not at all bad though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just finished first decent run since picking up new Evoque last Wednesday. Waterlooville (nr Portsmouth to Bournemouth and back, mainly motorway at around 70 - 75. Round trip of 118 miles and got 52.8 mpg. Happy with that!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
So, now done around 700 miles, and I'm averaging 47 MPG according to the trip computer. Most recent journey, an 80 mile trip up the A9 from Kincraig to Portmahomack, with cruise control on most of the way at 57 MPH, we got 54 MPG.

Based on actual fuel put in the car and mileage, the true MPG over the 700 miles is 45 MPG, so the trip computer over-reads by about 2 MPG. I'm very impressed with the fuel consumption, better than the 42 MPG we used to average in our 1.2 2WD Skoda Yeti!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a new HSE auto diesel in March 350 miles on clock so far in Guernsey but averaging only 23.8 mpg with continuous town driving. Salesman says it will improve but I remain concerned. My E Class diesel auto averaged 35 mpg.

Early days I guess but disappointing start to otherwise lovely driving experience

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The trouble you have I'm afraid is that there's not a lot of motorways in Guernsey. It will definitely improve but you will need a few thousand miles on the clock before you notice it. Town driving will obviously put your fuel consumption up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts