Evoque Owners Club banner

161 - 180 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
367 Posts
Perforated leather was standard on my 2016 Dynamic Lux and it had heated seats but no cooling.
Ditto on my Dynamic too

Reactions: slaine and XZ4

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Had about 90 minutes of light after work today.
  1. I fitted the loom for the new Android 10.25" infotainment system. Unlike the earlier YT video link I posted, this loom connects to a connector under the N/S of the centre console - not the Amplifier under the passenger seat.
  2. Then I spent about 20 minutes transferring fixings and clips from the old trim to the new.
  3. I hovered, cleaned and disinfected the whole floor with Zoflora.
  4. Finally, started fitting the new carpets, which are finally dry. It looks grey in the photos, but it is black.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
As I was fitting the new rear seats, I noticed something underneath one of the headrests 😉 I keep forgetting they've only seen 8,000 miles of wear.

Reactions: Col_C

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
Had to transfer all the electrical components from the old centre console to the new. No word of a lie, there must have be about 40 x T15 torx screws to undo plus 8 connectors, just to remove everything in front of the black louvre roller door thing 😒

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Back seats in. They are not the easiest to remove. Easiest way I found was to remove the foam boot tray. About 9 x T45 torx bolts with very little clearance under the back seat to get a rachet in. Even more fiddly to put in.

Also nice to see some 'Ebony' trim going in (either side of the rear seat) 😁 Right next to the dated 'Espresso' brown 🤮

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I fitted the illuminated sill steps this evening, used off ebay, but good nick. I read a few posts where members said they don't have a power wire underneath their original sill step. I just wanted to say, that was the same for me on first inspection. But the cable is there, you just need to unclip a black plastic cover first. The photo below is taken on the passenger side of the vehicle. The cover to remove it circled in red.

Once removed, the is a neatly folded power cable, taped together with white insulation tape. Once cut, the wire can be pulled out, as shown below.

It connects directly to the back of the illuminated sill plates, which then snaps into place with 3 white trim clips. No tools required.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
The dashboard is pretty much installed now. Lots of fiddly bits and the pieces need to go in a certain order. E.g. I tried to fit the knee air bag panel and the glove box with the centre console already installed. But it wouldn't have it. I had to undo the centre console again, then fit those items and reinstall. It's all a learning curve 😉

The new Android 10.25" head unit is installed, but still have a few things do until I tighten the dash up.

I'll fit all the door cards last.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Manage to grab a few pix of the Android head unit, but by now it was dark ... so the photo quality is not great.

The original Range Rover Evoque controls are still accessible with a click of the button ...

The Android screen looks like this, but is customisable ...

It came pre-installed with a random Chinese video 😂

Being Android, it has loads of basic preinstalled apps, but also Play Store, so I can install anything else I need.

I need a good hour on this, to see how it all works, what's missing, the settings, how it works with calls and steering wheel controls. I did test the reversing camera and saw that is working, even when on the Android screen.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Fantastic work..........the widescreen makes a massive difference ......when I specced mine the touchscreen pro had not been out long and I had never actually seen one fitted to a car .....the android screen is replicating the upgraded JLR infotainment display on the touchscreen pro ;)

Reactions: slaine

·
Registered
2016 RR Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux Auto Diesel Silver/Black Pack
2 Posts
Hi Slaine, I have just found your excellent thread on the mods you are doing to your Evoque. I am very interested in the Android head unit you have installed and would like to fit one in my 2016 MY car. Can you let us know the details of where you got it from and how easy it was to fit, thanks?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #172 (Edited)
Can you let us know the details of where you got it from and how easy it was to fit?
I purchased it from Aliexpress. It took about 4 weeks to arrive. It came with no instructions at all, not even a badly written set. I have had to request instructions, which I now have but still are far from adequate. I currently have a few things outstanding to fix/configure, and am waiting for support from the seller. Until I am happy that any item is working 'as expected', I would not recommend the seller.

I have included below what I have been provided (only when I asked for it) ...

The main thing that is lacking from the information provided, is an actual wiring diagram. The supplied loom has many connectors. I have figured most out using the 2nd video, but it doesn't show both ends of the loom, just one end near the head unit. Sadly, this is very typical of Aliexpress head units. Good at tech, poor at instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 RR Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux Auto Diesel Silver/Black Pack
2 Posts
Oh, not as easy as I thought it might be. Thanks for the prompt reply and great info on how far you have managed to get with what seems to be quite a puzzle to work out. As you say the second video is very vague as to where the rest of the loom fits. I think I might wait until either you manage to get yours working and good luck with that or I can find someone who can fit a unit for me.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
252 Posts
There is a good video on YouTube of an Aussie guy installing one in his Evoque. Looks quite a detailed walk through of what he did but typically can't find it just now lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
There is a good video on YouTube of an Aussie guy installing one in his Evoque. Looks quite a detailed walk through of what he did but typically can't find it just now lol
Yes, I have seen this and posted the video here. It's on a older model of the head unit, which connects to the amplifier. Mine doesn't. Instead it connects to a block under the left side of the centre console. I now have the support team available on WhatsApp, so hope to iron out the remaining teething problems.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,167 Posts
Most Excellent project and ongoing updates. Well done!

I thought the outside bodywork was a sizeable job until I saw the pictures of the complete strip of the inside. With all the connections and technology you are a brave man :)

I wonder what your neighbours think when your lovely Evoque ended up in bits?

Take care and keep up the great work and posts.

Reactions: slaine and XZ4

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Thanks! Ha ha, yes, the exterior was simpler than the interior. I have to use my brain a bit more with all this wiring 😅

I'm not far off now. I am still hoping I can complete this facelift this weekend, making it a 3 week job. It would have been quicker if I had electric in my garage 🤬

The neighbours are used to it by now 😉

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
A full day spent on fitting the interior today.

Random useless fact ... I cut myself twice doing the exterior, but 13 times doing interior 🤷‍♂️ Nothing serious, just nicks to the hands and arms. Trim ... nasty little stuff 😠

It's shaping up now ...
  1. Fitted all the seats
  2. Fitted the door cards after modding the wiring, because the MY19 version has lighting in the lower door tray.
  3. Fitted the new pedal covers
  4. Spent 3 hours cleaning; all trim, leather, rubber seals and metal door posts. Wax on, wax off 😉
  5. Vacuumed car

Before ...

After ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #179 (Edited)
In the rare off chance that anyone else needs to facelift a MY13 > MY19 door card ....

There is an LED for the door handle on all models. I just tapped into the +/- on that, and fed it to the MY19 door tray LED cable. Simples. No soldering, just a couple of connector blocks.

161 - 180 of 223 Posts