Evoque Owners Club banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Finally, there were a few bits that needed tidying from the respray, so the car was dropped off down the paintshop for the weekend. Nothing serious, I am probably being overly picky 😉I collect it Monday.

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,537 Posts
I'm exhausted reading this - can't wait to see the final results.

Reactions: slaine

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow great work again!! Do you ever just relax?! 😂

I’ve just fitted my swooping wing mirror indicators today and put the footrest in too. I finally got round to swapping out the interior lights for those LED’s too! 😂. That’s more than enough for me for the month!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Wow great work again!! Do you ever just relax?! 😂
Trust me ... tinkering with my car is relaxing compared to (1) nagging wife plus (2) screaming kids 😅

I’ve just fitted my swooping wing mirror indicators today and put the footrest in too. I finally got round to swapping out the interior lights for those LED’s too
Good man! Any issues with the indicators? Hopefully a simple enough install. I'll do mine once I get it back on Monday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trust me ... tinkering with my car is relaxing compared to (1) nagging wife plus (2) screaming kids 😅

Good man! Any issues with the indicators? Hopefully a simple enough install. I'll do mine once I get it back on Monday.
Hahah!
Nope no issues at all they were really easy to install after watching the PowerfulUK video! Now I just need the Smoked upgraded rear lights but they’re out of stock at the moment. Not sure when they’ll get them back in stock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Hahah!
Nope no issues at all they were really easy to install after watching the PowerfulUK video! Now I just need the Smoked upgraded rear lights but they’re out of stock at the moment. Not sure when they’ll get them back in stock.
Good to hear. Rear lights too? Next you'll be refitting the interior 🤣

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good to hear. Rear lights too? Next you'll be refitting the interior 🤣
🤣🤣🤣 yeah I’ve always liked the facelift rear lights so I want to get that style but smoked lenses which I think look really good. I was looking for some with sweeping indicators built in but the only ones I’ve found so far look like they could be cheap quality.
To be honest if I was any good at the kind of thing you’re doing I would be the same. But I’m not so I feel like it would end up looking like Father Teds “tinkered” car…

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I was looking for some with sweeping indicators
I am intrigued, tell me more.
if I was any good at the kind of thing you’re doing I would be the same.
I am not good, not bad, I just don't mind 'having a go' ... trust me, I have made loads of mistakes, but that's how I learn 👍

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am intrigued, tell me more.

I am not good, not bad, I just don't mind 'having a go' ... trust me, I have made loads of mistakes, but that's how I learn 👍
Yeah I suppose I just don’t trust myself not to completely kill the car in the process! 🤣

The ones with sweeping rear lights are these; not sure of the real life quality though as they’re not UK based but they could be good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
The ones with sweeping rear lights are these; not sure of the real life quality though as they’re not UK based but they could be good.
They look nice. The seller also appears legit, good solid feedback. May take a while for delivery what with Brexit/Covid.

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
8 Posts
Looking good! That is one very shiney motor..... and you haven't finished yet ! What wheel style have you used? I'm looking to change mine to black also....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,167 Posts
It’s good to see that you like Victoria’s choice of wheels, especially with that little bit of rose gold detail :)

Lovin your work, can’t wait for the finished photo shoot!

·
Registered
74 Posts
They look nice. The seller also appears legit, good solid feedback. May take a while for delivery what with Brexit/Covid.
Yeah I liked the look of them I’m just weary now buying non-OEM light units. I bought “canbus error free” lights which were billed as Plasma lights for my previous car which was an Audi A5 but they lasted 30 seconds before the error messages lit up the dash! You could also see shadows of bolts etc in the actual light strip when it was on so it just spoiled the look of them and it was very obviously non-OEM! They weren’t cheap either they were £350! I sent them back straight away!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't forget that you'll get stung for import tax when buying from the EU. Possibly up to 20% ....eek 😱

Reactions: slaine and XZ4

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Don't forget that you'll get stung for import tax when buying from the EU. Possibly up to 20% ....eek 😱
True. A quick check here shows overall price is £452.12 including tax and shipping 😒

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
8 Posts
Thanks for the link to the wheels. I really like the style but as I travel down a lot of lanes on a daily basis so wanted to stay with 18" for a better level of comfort!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
The Evoque is back from the spray shop. Looks the biz. Very happy with the results. I have used WBS Autos in Swindon many times, and can't recommend them enough 🙌 Good prices too. They're also on Facebook in case that's your thing.

I will be getting some 'final photos' up soon, but still need to get those sweeping indicators fitted - as I lost last weekend whilst it was in the spray shop. With the nights now longer, I will try and get them done after work tomorrow. Then take some photos on the next 'good weather day' 👍

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I think I mentioned that I was considering making my steering wheel two-tone to match the new ivory and ebony interior. Well I decided to go ahead and do it. I found some ivory leather offcuts on ebay for a tenner and gave them and the steering wheel to Stefan at the Cars & Vans Upholstery Workshop in Swindon. He did an excellent job, £80, hand stitched and returned in under 2 days 👏 Fair do's, that is one thing I daren't try 😅 If anyone needs any leather work done and you're in the Wiltshire area, I definitely recommend this place.

Before ...

After ...

Some more close ups ...

201 - 220 of 223 Posts