Evoque Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Snagging list ...
  1. Fix electric seat movement, need recalibration (start/stop every 1 second), will take it to Auto Electrics near me
  2. Replace matts, currently using MY13 matts, which are 'not nice'
  3. Finish Android 10.25" head unit install, still have some issues, waiting for support from 'China aftercare', 8 hour time difference is pain the @rse
  4. Back to the spray shop to touch up a few bits next Friday

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I put one in mine, it just completes the “line up” they’re cheap but look more expensive than they are. Just matches the pedals.

Reactions: slaine

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
As the speaker at the re-incarnation conference said, “you only live once”. 🤔😀

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
367 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
How difficult is it to change the indicators to sweeping ones? For a complete novice like me. (The most I’ve done is change the rear camera so bare that in mind lol)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I swapped my wing mirrors for the MY18 pair, they are considerably different to the original MY13, smaller and the indicator is below the line. The comparison is here.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I haven’t been able to find any that fit the MY20. Probably for the best knowing my technical skills 🤔

Reactions: Elpaulio

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Just an update after another distracting week at work-work.

1. The sweeping indicators arrived, but haven't fitted them yet. I report back when I do.
2. I received and fitted the foot rest, fair do's, looks the biz and actually does a good job, impressed! Thanks @DKZ5745 👍
3. The rear sill plates arrived from Istanbul (I kid you not), but look amazing. Need to fit those too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
The Android 10.25" system is just about 'signed off'. I have been speaking to Merryway Robin via WhatsApp all week, resolving the issues I had. Some were biggies, but mainly lots of niggly OCD issues. But all is working now. I plan on creating a new post on that because it is a big job. And 90% of the issues I faced could been avoided if there were instructions and a user manual. The main thing is, I am now happy and loving the new system.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I wasn't happy with the £25 Aliexpress dashcam that came with the Android system. So I upgraded it a bit 😂 The BlackVue DR900X-2CH 4K cloud based dash cameras arrived, along with the Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124X. What a piece of kit that is! It took about 90 minutes to install. I opted for the hardwire install, rather than the cigarette socket, as charging is only 40 mins (verse 80 mins). I can now see out the front and rear of my car from anywhere 😉 The smart battery works well too, it was still at 25% at 11am today, after being parked for about 15 hours. I really like the extra USB port included too, allowing it to power other devices, like portable routers or MiFI devices.

I can view the cameras and monitor the battery on the phone or head unit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
Because of the new Android system and cameras, I installed a 4G MiFi router, running off the new Blackvue battery. Works well. I tried hotspotting from my phone to the Android head unit, it worked but was a faff. I added the cheapest EE sim to the car's MiFI device and gift data to it, so it works out very cheap. It provides 4G wifi for the family when in the car, and is available 24/7 for the cameras to upload to the cloud (if there is an 'event'). Which makes it loads more secure if the car gets nicked.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I wasn't happy with the silver airbag panel and start/stop switch, now that I replaced the interior.

So I swapped it out for a dark gloss version.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts