Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my RR Evoque Pure Tech a couple of weeks ago for a good price, considering how clean it is, plus FSH. Only a couple of owners from new too. I was actually looking for a Dynamic, as I love the styling. But for my budget, I couldn't find a decent one. The ones I did find, had higher mileage, more owners, part or no service history, and/or a couple of years older.

Then I saw NickJ's conversion about 5 years ago on the bRR forum. This seemed like a good approach for me to get the dynamic styling plus a new facelift at the same time.

After countless videos and posts, I started ordering the bits. Wheels, tyres, bumpers, twin-fin boot, lower door mouldings, side steps, fogs, lights and grille. I knew it was going to be pricey, but equally, I can't afford a decent Dynamic, let alone a facelift Evoque. Plus this way, (1) I get to 'make stuff', and (2) I get exactly what I want. Weighing up the costs, I budgeted just shy of £4K for everything. But can see it may run over already 😲

I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea, and there'll be those who say 'there's nothing wrong with it as it is', and that's fine. I respect that. But for me - I like the 'black and mean' look 🤣 And more that anything, I love to tinker. I get loads of pleasure out of building stuff, more so sometimes than using it thereafter. And if I balls it up, hey ... that's entertainment for you and experience for me 👍

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First challenge was trying to identify the lower door mouldings for a dynamic. And then, find them on ebay. I am sure this exists somewhere, but I am adding here in case it helps someone.

OSR door: BJ3M274A48B
NSR door: BJ3M274A49B
OSF door: BJ3M21064BF
NSF door: BJ3M21065BH
OSF wing: BJ3M16164AE
NSF wing: BJ3M16165AE

I was hoping to find a seller which had all parts. How naive was I 🤣 I ended up buying all 6 parts from 5 sellers on ebay for just over £200. Half of the mouldings were new, the rest used.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing the lower door mouldings from the Pure is a doddle. All done in about 5 minutes. Although a couple of the white clips snapped, but the new panels came with them fitted.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,159 Posts
Good luck with your Dynamic Styling upgrade
Keep up posted on your progress.

Reactions: slaine

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dymamic mouldings were just as easy to put on. Need painting though. Added front mudflaps at the same time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I then realised I should have put the new side steps on before fitting the dynamic side skirts. I took them off again and spent the next 3 hours trying to fit the steps - but failed. It was my fault, when ordering I chose 'Pure/Prestige', because that's what my Evoque is. But I should have chose 'Dynamic', as the mounts a different to allow for the larger dynamic skirts. They are now being returned and I am waiting for the correct steps.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
That is going to make the most difference. It will change the look of the car totally 👍

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was Day 1 ... if anything, I have learnt that after a year of lockdown ... I am very unfit 🤣

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Once those mouldings are painted it’s going to look the dogs dangly bits 👀👍

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Not bad for day 1 🤔👍

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once those mouldings are painted
It'll be a few weeks yet I reckon. Still need to get the bumpers on and fit all the bits. But yes, all painted in Santorini Black ... ooooo, suit you sir!! 😎

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up going for the 'Black Edition' rear lights from Powerful UK. Obviously haven't fitted them yet, but would be interested if anyone has them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are my headlights. LED plug and play for pre-facelift.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
245 Posts
Love a good retro fit, totally get why you want to do it. I’ve done it to various cars in the past.
Looks amazing already with the changes you’ve made and will be phenomenal when you’re done.

On the lower door trims are they just a case of a trim tool behind and popping off the plastic poppers? May need to get one of mines taken off to be repainted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are they just a case of a trim tool
That's what I thought, but you litterally just pull them off from one edge of the door. No trim tool necessary - unless they snap, then the trim tool is handy.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
245 Posts
That's what I thought, but you litterally just pull them off from one edge of the door. No trim tool necessary - unless they snap, then the trim tool is handy.
Nice!!
Cheers for that. Are the clips the white or blue ones?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice!!
Cheers for that. Are the clips the white or blue ones?
The white ones. Yours probably won't break being MY17. But they do get brittle with age.

·
Registered
MY17~ED4~Corris Grey~20"Alloys~PanoRoof~ PwrTailgate~10"Screen~DVD~Meridian~360Cam's~ InControlProt
13 Posts
Great project @slaine! I’m keen to convert mine to Dynamic trim ‘one day’. Looking forward to seeing the end transformation! All the best. 👍🏾

1 - 20 of 221 Posts