Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yip my work is almost done here..

The forum has grown with members...there a few watcherskeeping an eye on things too!

Dan's site has and will continue to be a great source of information of pre and post launch material with tonnes of positivecommentswith peoplewho are excited about this very special vehicle.

"KEEP IT POSITIVE "...that's what will make this club different!

We are now at the stage where customers will soon be taking delivery of this must have car of 2011 and 12.

It'sapparent there aremany people who are newto the brand and would have never considered Range Rover before now as previous expectations would say " big gas guzzling expensive cars for the elite.

The Evoqueis wrapped up into a very special package withunique styleand concept looks which i kid you not is attracting people who have " NEVER " consideredLR or RRbefore.

The badge is now in reach for us mere mortals without short changing on the premuim of the brand.

For those who are soon to take delivery....I wish you a long and satisfying relationship withthe brand.

Ireally dohope your expectations will be met

Best Wishes

Paul

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Thanks Mortz (Paul).

I hope this doesn't mean that you are leaving here.

You are right, my good lady would never have considered a LR,RR before the Evoque design for three main reasons, cost, style and size.

I can't wait to see her reaction today, I know it will be positive, she was the first in our house to see the Evoque TV ad and couldn't wait to point out she'd seen it, also when the ad came on again she was saying "here it is, look".

Well done LRJ and well done Paul.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Thanks for all your help to everyone here, your insider info and been feeding the excitement!

Don't forget you are always welcome on here for a brew and a biscuit

·
Registered
20 Posts
<div style="margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; ">Hi Paul,<div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; font-size: 12px; ">

<div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; font-size: 12px; ">I too hope that this doesn't mean that you will be leaving us.However, just in case, I would like to say thank you for all your help!You have been a great ambassador for the brand and may you sell lots and lots of cars!!!
<div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; font-size: 12px; ">

<div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; font-size: 12px; ">Best wishes,
<div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; font-size: 12px; ">

Alex

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it.....for me it's been a way of spreading the message through the medium of the internet for this " special car "my motivation has alway been to help and guide you all through some very important decisions for a must have car for 2011 and 12...call it my virtual showroom..................now there's an idea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Mortz, hope your well. Have heard a few rumours of some serious delays! Do you know what this is caused by and what parts they are strugging with? Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chrisnlex

Yip one is well thanks

Only heard of the recent communication with the xenon headlamps as per dealer comms

I am not aware of any other delay related issue's...from what I see and understand this issue relates to later deliveries toward the end of the year....I do hope this gets resolved

Parts are sourced and supplied by many companies throughout the world.....if one link fails then this I would think causes a real headache to complete the finished product" on time"...bit like a deck of cards...once one falls so do the rest.

Appreicate my anology does not help in giving the answer we want to hear
Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Mortz, spoke to my dealer today and he tells me build date is still 13th of next month and delivery 27! so hopefully this will be ok?? thats again for all your help
PS. Should i put dark back windows on my 5 door!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ChrisnLex said:
Thanks Mortz, spoke to my dealer today and he tells me build date is still 13th of next month and delivery 27! so hopefully this will be ok?? thats again for all your help
PS. Should i put dark back windows on my 5 door!

Up to you really...down to personal taste....I quite like them...
You probably won't be able to add to your order now though...with build date less than a month way

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes spoke to my dealer and he said there man there can put them on but they will be transfers? They are putting a protective coat on for us? Paint and interior. Have you seen a Buckingham Blue one yet!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mortz, this might be a question for you, being a man "in the know". If wheels with TPMS are removed and replaced with ,say, smaller wheels for winter, would the monitoring unavailable warning be constant on the dash or just at start up ?

Cheers for any advice

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Jake,

Not come across this senario yet...but will try and find out at some point for you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Mortz - look forward to hearing from you. Seems strange thinking about winter tyres when its 27C outside !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paul - you can now retire in peace. Many thanks for the handover last Thursday. Thanks also to the guys out the back in the workshop, who helped get the PDI done so quickly.
ANT

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No Worries ANT....semi retirement I think is on the cards.....will pop in now and again for tea and biscuits

1 - 16 of 16 Posts