Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250P Portofino Blue Autobiography
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
I got my brand new wonderful Autobiography 250P Evoque on the 6th of March...I must confess i was very happy but was not overtly thrilled because my previous car was an XJ R sport ...a spectacular drive but had to give it away as its a diesel car; pollution etc etc.

26th of April I had issues with the car not connecting with the In control app; also it kept showing that Updates download failed.

After many an attempt I managed to correct the in control app ; In the mean time I had contacted Range Rover Customer services and they advised to book the car with the dealer garage to look in to the Update issue.
JLR customer services checked with engineering and suggested the following hardware checks:
1. GPS SPLITTER, 2. ANTENNA, 3.TCU wiring & Connectors.

Whilst this was happening I requested from my dealer a courtesy car and they declined giving me various excuses; finally after multiple e-mails and calls to the main JLR customer services who then called the business manager of my local dealer they have now given me a VOLVO estate as substitute!

In the mean time my car is still at the garage it is day 22 since it has been there.
Out of the 8 weeks of ownership, the last 3 weeks its been in the garage, and I have only done 400 miles which is very urban driving in greater London.

Range Rover Engineering has been working remotely on the car and so far has not been able to solve the issue!!

Thus I have had discussions with the dealer and Customer services and have put forward a motion to REJECT THE NEW EVOQUE.
The dealer has agreed and i am thinking of getting an E-Pace [preferable] because of the size or an F-Pace depending on the availability. I have been informed by the dealer that "the paper work has to be submitted to JLR to confirm the final figures of support in this case" quote un quote!

THUS MY FRIENDS IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE ORDEAL , hundreds of e-mails, unanswered phone calls etc...the hassle one does not need during these troubled times.

your fellow un lucky Evoque Newby

·
Super Moderator
2,724 Posts
How disappointing for you, very sad the customer service experience is so poor from some dealers, Shame it's a lovely colour!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,945 Posts
@AcJay Sorry to hear that.
Am I right in thinking your InControl issue was sorted (or went away, it isn't the most reliable system!) and the rejection is due to main s/w updates not being applied?

Others have had issues with this. The Powerful UK chaps have a Defender which was doing the same and LR couldn't diagnose - they (Powerful UK) ended up resetting things by disconnecting the battery and then the updates installed!

But I guess if LR have remotely connected there is a real problem as they should know... :(

It's a shame to have to jump-ship due to this, especially to move to an E-Pace where you may have the same issues as the systems are similar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AcJay Sorry to hear that.
Am I right in thinking your InControl issue was sorted (or went away, it isn't the most reliable system!) and the rejection is due to main s/w updates not being applied?

Others have had issues with this. The Powerful UK chaps have a Defender which was doing the same and LR couldn't diagnose - they (Powerful UK) ended up resetting things by disconnecting the battery and then the updates installed!

But I guess if LR have remotely connected there is a real problem as they should know... :(

It's a shame to have to jump-ship due to this, especially to move to an E-Pace where you may have the same issues as the systems are similar.
Yes I will be changing this car with a heavy heart , the only reason why I have decided to change to an E-pace is my previous experience with umpteen Jaguars; which has been rather good. But I agree with your point that the pivi pro system is installed in all there current cars…so the issues may be ubiquitous…

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
242 Posts
Oh wow not a good story at all. I'm having issues with my vehicle and the InControl app which periodically refuses to connect. I found the answer to that is to sign out and then back in again. I hope I don't have to go down the same route as yourself @AcJay . Best wishes for your new car...

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, MY20 R Dynamic HSE, Volvo 850R
2,506 Posts
Wonder how @rashg60 is getting on with his e pace, think I remember him saying he missed his evoque and starting thinking he'd made a mistake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonder how @rashg60 is getting on with his e pace, think I remember him saying he missed his evoque and starting thinking he'd made a mistake
I may fall in this situation eventually I fear… but as of now only option is to get on with it till I can free my self from the clutches of JLR/ PcP deal after 3 years…

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sorry to hear of all the troubles you've had, it really does sour the experience of owning what is a prestige brand, however it seems you've decided enough is enough and its going, I guess your going to pursue rejection under the consumer rights act 2015 as its less than 6 months old.

We've put a deposit down on a 20.5 recently and are waiting on DVLA for my replacement driving licence to arrive back by pigeon post via Mongolia, I'm hoping with it not being a Pivi Pro model it won't give us any headaches, I see Powerful UK are having fun and games with it on their defender, think its on going for them and had software issues on the drive home on the hand over day, this really is a poor show from JLR, we talked on this very forum when Pivi Pro was due to come out on whether it was full of bugs and the public were the guinea pigs,

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,945 Posts
...I see Powerful UK... ...had software issues on the drive home on the hand over day...
Wasn't it a pipe that was incorrectly clipped which caused their first problem, rather than s/w?

EDIT
From YT:
Defender issue - *pipe*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear of all the troubles you've had, it really does sour the experience of owning what is a prestige brand, however it seems you've decided enough is enough and its going, I guess your going to pursue rejection under the consumer rights act 2015 as its less than 6 months old.

We've put a deposit down on a 20.5 recently and are waiting on DVLA for my replacement driving licence to arrive back by pigeon post via Mongolia, I'm hoping with it not being a Pivi Pro model it won't give us any headaches, I see Powerful UK are having fun and games with it on their defender, think its on going for them and had software issues on the drive home on the hand over day, this really is a poor show from JLR, we talked on this very forum when Pivi Pro was due to come out on whether it was full of bugs and the public were the guinea pigs,
Thanks for all the input, I am acquiring a new vehicle from the JLR rejection/ replacement program which they authorise I guess in situation where their own engineering department feed back to them… which has happened in my case…
My first instinct was to shift and go for an F/E pace…but as the bug filled Pivi Pro is through their whole range… I am now seeing no point in it…so may eventually settle for a new configuration of the Evoque in a different colour…

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,945 Posts
@AcJay Good to hear you are sticking with an Evoque (y)
Bad to hear JLR have to have a "rejection/ replacement program" (n)

Reactions: AcJay

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Wasn't it a pipe that was incorrectly clipped which caused their first problem, rather than s/w?

EDIT
From YT:
View attachment 8848
Thats right it was a pipe with a yellow clip attached which needed removing to connect the pipe to whatever it was, the yellow clip acted like a warning device to show it wasn't connected, it rested on the exhaust and melted, when the JLR executive saw the video which made them look like fools, i guess they came to an arrangement and asked him to take the video down

Reactions: AcJay

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I think all manufacturers will have similar set ups for rejected cars, whos to say this car won't go through a JLR workshop and end up back on a main dealer forecourt somewhere. A Ford main dealer mechanic friend told me once that another Ford main dealer near us that most of his used stock is Ford Direct cars, he told me what 'Ford Direct' meant and showed me the hologram type stickers in the windscreens

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If your car goes in for repair at the moment there is long delays, and they blame it on Covid and Brexit. I wonder how long they will use that excuse? :D

My Wifes Smart car as an example, needed a new passenger door handle as it broke internally and door would not open from outside. It took Smart 5 months from ordering parts from Germany and then fitting parts, blaming it on the above. So be warned of delays.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
A sad tale indeed but not the first with JLR. The F Pace S is roomier & a better drive than the E Pace or least mine is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts