Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd put these up, just to show that at least one Pure has made it out of the factory to a customer so far!

Quick details: it's an SD4 in Indus Silver with 19" Style 4 wheels, plus the Tech Pack and a few other gadgety bits. Having seen an Evoque in black alloys at the dealer I would have loved a set, but at £2500 they were a bit pricey!

·
Registered
134 Posts
congrats Payndz looks great ..... whats the mileage : now

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evoq1 said:
congrats Payndz looks great ..... whats the mileage : now
Only about 100 miles on it so far (with 30+ on the clock when I picked it up), most of which has been from cruising around with no particular destination just to get the feel of the car and the hang of the gadgets.

All impressions good, except for minor niggles like slow touchscreen response and dropped phone calls (which to be fair might be the phone and not the car), and using the voice command to put a destination into the satnav, only for it to flash up a screen saying that I hadn't accepted the 'I agree' warning about using the system while on the move (not that I'd been given the option) and having to go through the whole process again. Also had the whole entertainment/nav/phone system quit and restart once, which was a bit of a shock! Apart from little things like that, loving it so far!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks great! Congrats!
Can i ask what the interior colour of your car is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The interior's the pale grey/beige (depending on the light) one... Lunar, I think it's called.

I took it for its first proper outing yesterday, meeting up with my sister at a New Forest pub. Noticed quite a few people checking it out, but the best was a guy in a BMW Z3 convertible who stopped in the road to gawp at it while it was parked, to the bewilderment of his girlfriend, then came back the other way a few minutes later for another look!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice... it sure does make a statement on the road!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another photo. I was trying to be arty - not sure if it worked out, but then it was only taken with a phone camera!

Edited by: Payndz

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are lucky to receive and car there. It looks like a horse! I am still waiting for the arrival of the car with our dealer here in Dubai soon. Hope it will not get delayed further. Am anciously waiting to have a ride. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
TatikBruno said:
Hi Payndz,

I have ordered same SD4 Pure, do you know if we can put the Front Fog lights ? Would improve the look,

Thanks

Front foggers may be easy to mount (for the look), but harder to connect most probably (you'll need relays, switch and wiring). Having said that they can only be used legally about 1 day in 3 years (when viz is below 100 metres - otherwise it's an offence...highway code 226).

Payndz - your car looks lovely!

Edited by: MartinK

·
Registered
16 Posts
MartinK said:
TatikBruno said:
Hi Payndz,

I have ordered same SD4 Pure, do you know if we can put the Front Fog lights ? Would improve the look,

Thanks

Front foggers may be easy to mount (for the look), but harder to connect most probably (you'll need relays, switch and wiring). Having said that they can only be used legally about 1 day in 3 years (when viz is below 100 metres - otherwise it's an offence...highway code 226).

Martin - you should tell the young gary boys in my area this little fact, Fogs are a part of everyday driving!!

Nice pic's Payndz, They are an attention grabber!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, just found the first thing that could be considered a fault with my Evoque - there's what sounds like a piece of loose plastic rattling around inside the bottom of the boot door (by one of the grab handles). Fingers crossed that it's the only thing wrong with it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MartinK said:
TatikBruno said:
Hi Payndz,

Thanks

Front foggers may be easy to mount (for the look), but harder to connect most probably (you'll need relays, switch and wiring).  Having said that they can only be used legally about 1 day in 3 years (when viz is below 100 metres - otherwise it's an offence...highway code 226).

You are right, is not that easy to put the front fogs, LR CUSTOMER SERVICE told me there is no pre-installation for the front fogs and my dealer is checking how to put in my Pure,

I know is just for the look, but if is not so difficult i might put them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why would you want to ruin the front of the car with some halfords add on fog lights - that will look rubbish..........keep it Pure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts