Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if others are seeing this...?

Land Rover's 'My Land Rover' dashboard:

This has a few links to connected services, including InControl. Lately the login fails even though the credentials are correct. I can login to InControl's web portal directly without any problems using the same credentials.

I get: "Invalid login or password. Please check your details and try again."

Anyone else?

#Love-LR-IT

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes mine's exactly the same, the wonderfully reliable JLR software strikes again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,795 Posts
I contacted JLR over being unable to login to INCONTROL via MYLANDROVER pages and was informed that there is currently a technical problem at their end acessing in this way that they are working on, but you can still access the INCONTROL via My Land Rover InControl

·
Registered
206 Posts
I contacted JLR over being unable to login to INCONTROL via MYLANDROVER pages and was informed that there is currently a technical problem at their end acessing in this way that they are working on, but you can still access the INCONTROL
Confidence inspiring - NOT

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies - glad it's not just me :)
Strange that it's working for @ernesto?

I've mentioned to LR a number of times they need to get some sort of 'service status' page up and running for their online bits so people can see what's going on - they've added it to their 'feedback' o_O

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
997 Posts
Thanks for the replies - glad it's not just me :)
Strange that it's working for @ernesto?

I've mentioned to LR a number of times they need to get some sort of 'service status' page up and running for their online bits so people can see what's going on - they've added it to their 'feedback' o_O
Anyone on here owning a BMW will know that their online / app services have been, and still can be totally useless and annoying too. I suppose it’s because they are primarily a car manufacturer and not a software house. Maybe our expectations of tech is too high now when you consider the stability of Android & iOS...the bar has been set high by these platforms and our expectations follow accordingly.

Reactions: Maffy and XZ4

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I do get your point, but, when you’re paying out over £40k for a car I think it’s fair to expect all it’s features to work. If they can’t guarantee that some things will work, they shouldn’t put them in there in the first place.
I would have expected a company as large as JLR would be able to either employ an IT section made up of experienced technicians, or to out-source their IT section to a company capable of ensuring these things are updated and working.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I 100% totally agree with you. But organisations such a JLR, BMW, Merc and Audi are still pioneering and evolving this tech. I can’t even locate my £80k 7 Series most days and it’s only sat on the drive. I don’t let that get to me as my main concern is that it’s a car that I enjoy and the online tech is just an added pain in the ass extra.

The only time it annoys me tho, is if we can’t preheat the i3...but hey, it has a heating button inside.

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Anyone on here owning a BMW will know that their online / app services have been, and still can be totally useless and annoying too. I suppose it’s because they are primarily a car manufacturer and not a software house. Maybe our expectations of tech is too high now when you consider the stability of Android & iOS...the bar has been set high by these platforms and our expectations follow accordingly.
But they are playing on the tech so can't have it both ways. At the new Defender launch Prof. G. made a big thing about the 80 ECUs and 1000s of network messages a second!
And they use the tag Land Rover 'always connected'.

It's a simple step to put up a web page reporting any issues to keep people informed.

Ideally they would also respond to the terrible reviews for their apps!
But it helps a bit to know other manufacturers are also struggling.

Reactions: Col_C

·
Registered
997 Posts
But they are playing on the tech so can't have it both ways. At the new Defender launch Prof. G. made a big thing about the 80 ECUs and 1000s of network messages a second!
And they use the tag Land Rover 'always connected'.

It's a simple step to put up a web page reporting any issues to keep people informed.

Ideally they would also respond to the terrible reviews for their apps!
But it helps a bit to know other manufacturers are also struggling.
Many BMW dealerships now have a ‘Tech Genius’ on site...the downside is when you call them for advice or a status update, many of them don’t even know what day of the week it is. JLR like BMW is a manufacturing and sales organisation, don’t expect too much when it comes to quality after sales service, especially when it comes to technology.

We are working with manufacturers on the new Connected Autonomus Vehicle Programme and even the new latest tech is a little worrying to say the least. Also, things like the processors in the head units are ageing, just like a PC and you’ll see them slow down over time, especially with software updates. I don’t even bother using the BMW Connected App any longer other than checking it’s locked or to see how much fuel I have c. once a month.

It’s annoying as hell, as we the consumer buy our prized possessions on the provision this tech is solid, stable and functional...sadly, it’s not always the case 24/7/365, and we’ll always complain about it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The media player UI annoys the hell out of me (Gracenote overriding existing metadata in mp3 files), for £2 I can buy any one of many more competent player apps for my Android, so it can't be that difficult.
What hope for the more technically difficult areas. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately the customer is rarely aware of these shortcomings until they've handed over their hard earned.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted JLR over being unable to login to INCONTROL via MYLANDROVER pages and was informed that there is currently a technical problem at their end acessing in this way that they are working on, but you can still access the INCONTROL via My Land Rover InControl
For the first time in months I've managed to login to InControl via MyLandRover (previously always saying login details were incorrect). So it appears this issue may have been fixed.

Reactions: Whilliam

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,795 Posts
For the first time in months I've managed to login to InControl via MyLandRover (previously always saying login details were incorrect). So it appears this issue may have been fixed.
Works for me too now! (Didn't yesterday).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the log in issue still an ongoing problem I have been unable to login for about a month. Wasn’t sure if it’s a general problem or just my account as changing my password made no difference

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@DerbySteve Mine had been fine and was the other day when I looked. But I've just looked again now and it seems my Evoque has been removed from 'My Land Rover'! My contact details and local dealer are still there but not my vehicle.
Guess I'll add it back in but I'm asking 'Raj' via the live chat if he knows why that might be?

My normal InControl login looks fine.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raj wasn't much help.
Is anyone else missing a vehicle if they login to

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yup, no vehicles in my garage anymore 🤔 everything else seems to be the same but I don’t have a car 😱

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@DKZ5745 Thanks - pleased it's not just me...

Land Rover IT o_O

1 - 20 of 23 Posts