Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux - Fuji white with the black rimmmms
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So to cut a long story short. My house was broken into and they took the keys for my beloved Evoque . Landrover were super unhelpful in tracking the car. But I took a punt on renewing my expired Incontrol app and got a ping on parked location. Cops were quick to respond and I got the car back with damages and random parts of car removed like overhead console etc. ( Must have been searching for tracker ). Cant talk too much about as investigation is still ongoing but I had an integrated Dashcam from AliExpress which they didn’t clock. Worth the investment guys. Now I am paranoid about the car being nicked so after some research plan on doing the following security upgrades and wanted the community input on my ideas and any install. The below is based on my car being an 2015 Evoque and not a Ferrari so types of criminals are likely to be chancers rather than proper professionals with all the right gear and know-how.

Level 1 security upgrade £150
After some research I purchased a CAN BUS firewall. AMPIRE WFS400. You all will know this as a Ghost 2 pincode type immobiliser. Having contacted authorised seller it supports my Evoque and requires splicing of a couple of CAN cables which I plan to do deep into Dash.

If you guys know of any covert places to tap the 12+ perm, Ground and ignition live please let me know.I want to stay away from battery and fuse boxes as the thieves had already got to those locations and pulled a bunch of stuff.

Level 2 security upgrade ( Backup ) tracker - £60, Relay block - £15, 12 months sub -£60
I’m also going to add the REWIRE SECURITY DB1-LITE plus REWIRE Ignition replay block. This is so in case they get around the CAN BUS firewall somehow. This way I can track the car and also remotely via app trigger the ignition replay block .

Now my plan is to cut one the start / stop button wires and place the relay in-between. The reason Im thinking of this location is that is a pain to get into and not somewhere they will think off quickly. What do you guys think. If anyone knows colour of wire to cut to do this please let me know. ( I believe its brown ) or a reason not to do this please let me know .

I hope to do a video install of all once I have confirmed install locations for the community. Video link will probably be by request for people really wanting to install extra security as I don’t want thieves to be able to view.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now that will be interesting. Glad you got it back.

Reactions: DWTK

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,026 Posts
Welcome to the EOC DWTK
What a sad first post, but good news that you have your Evoque back safe.
Discussing security on an open forum is a double edged sword!
Unfortunately if the thieving bar stuarts break in and steal your keys even the best security methods will not help.
Saying that the CANBUS guards either electronic or physical have got to be a good investment for the impromptu smash and grab.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My intention is to create a cheapish security config for the community to implement and hopefully my video to install ( will not be shared openly ) to help with the smash and grab type thives . Having seen and heard the guys who nicked my car from the Dashcam they aren’t the brightest . They know to do a set number of things . Anything outside will confuse them and make it not worth it for them. At the end of the day I believe they can’t Nick the car in 60 seconds they ain’t gonna hang round .

The ampire is self install version of ghost and cheaper . I plan to bury it as far in dash as I can . And even if they find away around that I have the secondary block .

So on that note does anyone have information on the stop start button wiring I’m planning install first and want to know which cable I plan place blocker relay inline in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,798 Posts
Hi, can you say which dash cam you were using??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, can you say which dash cam you were using??
Sure bazz . It’s integrated under center mirror . Looks smart . Connects via WiFi to phone and app to view and get recoding and set settings

£38.01 29% Off | Novatek 96655 Car Wifi DVR DashCam Video Recoder for Range Rover 2015-2018/Evoque 2015/XE 2015 2016/Jaguar XJ 2017

·
Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red
94 Posts
did you have to cut your mirror cover to fit that? mine appears to be in 2 pieces, as in 2 sides, not top and bottom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
did you have to cut your mirror cover to fit that? mine appears to be in 2 pieces, as in 2 sides, not top and bottom. View attachment 6033
No mine was in two parts , so I just replaced lower half . There are many different types . The seller normally asks you to take a photo and send to them . This one seems like it might fit yours

£46.50 32% Off | Kampacar Wifi Dash Cam Car Dvr Camera LR01-C For Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Sport L320 L538 Discovery 4 Freelanader 2 Dashcam

Or check chart attached

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,798 Posts
Sure bazz . It’s integrated under center mirror . Looks smart . Connects via WiFi to phone and app to view and get recoding and set settings

£38.01 29% Off | Novatek 96655 Car Wifi DVR DashCam Video Recoder for Range Rover 2015-2018/Evoque 2015/XE 2015 2016/Jaguar XJ 2017

Many thanks. DWTK. (y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
thank you (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
@DWTK thanks, couple of messages with the seller today and iv one ordered, i needed the big plastic screws for the battery cover, and i slipped a beast drone into the order for some fun for myself. it'll be on the slow boat . at least this order was sober, usually i buy a load of stuff pissed and stoned 🤣

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@DWTK thanks, couple of messages with the seller today and iv one ordered, i needed the big plastic screws for the battery cover, and i slipped a beast drone into the order for some fun for myself. it'll be on the slow boat . at least this order was sober, usually i buy a load of stuff pissed and stoned
Nice one . pm your details and I will whatapp a video of how I installed and fuses I used over weekend . I’m doing my security install this week . Wish me luck .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wired in the ampire wsf400 canbus firewall on weekend . ( ghost 2) type immobilizer. Was a bit harrowing install but not too hard . Hardest bit was finding best place to install . Cost of unit was £149 and a day of scratching my head and umming and arring.

Now here’s the question . Security is a double edged sword as mentioned above . I did take videos of install . I’m planning on making a video for community as others may benefit . As if you have a install guide it would cut down install time a hell of a lot and stop you pulling out random parts of car and putting back . But how do I share safely without tea leaves watching . ( to be honest once you wrap cables in tesa tape it’s hard to distinguish cabling from car cabling. They would need to pull out a hell of lot of stuff to get it out and even then the car probably won’t start )

Was thinking of making it available to senior member of forum and mods and asking others to pm and prove they have purchased immobilizer before sharing . What you guys think . How should I share they DIY .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok all anyone following this thread did a video on how to instal the ampire WFS400 canbus firewall . If anyone interested PM me . Please provide proof you got one. Don’t won’t to share with unsavoury types as it will defeat purpose . MODs and senior members just need to PM me .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts