Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fab caran2ony.

did you use any wax or polish to get it so shiny?

cheers

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ED209 said:
Car very very nice, reg plate spoils it though.

Are you joking? it took me months to find a reg plate that reads Anthony, I originally brought RR61ANT but A20NYY is much better!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You took your brand spanking new evoque to an uninsured motor scratcher!!!!! bloodyhell! people on this forum are talking about detailing & protection.
I bet even polish pete couldn't believe his eyes when you pulled up..... Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrecka said:
You took your brand spanking new evoque to an uninsured motor scratcher!!!!! bloodyhell! people on this forum are talking about detailing & protection.
I bet even polish pete couldn't believe his eyes when you pulled up..... Lol

I know what you are saying, detailing & protection is all well and good if you plan to only drive on a Sunday afternoon! My evoque is my office, my companies income, my workhorse, she is doing about 4K a month at the moment up and down the UK, so I am afraid I have to use Polish Pete to keep her looking shiny!

I did set a rule never to take her through a car wash! does that help?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wrecka - I'm glad there are people out there who would sympathise with me and my OCD when it comes to car cleaning, please tell me its not unreasonable to have different sponges & chammies for different parts of the car and wheels and a different set for each different car.

I still think to this day the best present I have ever received from the missus is my jet wash.

I didnt know this forum was going to turn out to be therapy too

·
Registered
16 Posts
rob.angus said:
Wrecka - I'm glad there are people out there who would sympathise with me and my OCD when it comes to car cleaning, please tell me its not unreasonable to have different sponges & chammies for different parts of the car and wheels and a different set for each different car.

I still think to this day the best present I have ever received from the missus is my jet wash.

SPONGES AND CHAMMIES

Surely you should be on Microfibre mits and Towels

·
Registered
79 Posts
Malph - Haha - ok for more detail: mit for the body work, super absorbant sponge for the lower plastic 1/4 of the sides and under the front and rear bumper & exhausts and normal sponge & toothbrush for the wheels.

Original Leather chammie for the body work, microfibre cloth for the internal door sills, do I need to go on - I havent even got into items for interior and applying Rain X yet ..............

This is great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rob.angus said:

Ok, You guys have shamed me into organising my car to be cleaned and detailed next week by a company up in Glasgow. Maybe once it has been detailed Polish Pete will offer a bit more TLC!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I so wish Rob.Angus was my neighbour!!! I'd be an expert in no time by the seem of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
an2ony said:
rob.angus said:

Ok, You guys have shamed me into organising my car to be cleaned and detailed next week by a company up in Glasgow. Maybe once it has been detailed Polish Pete will offer a bit more TLC!!
Hey there...you need to let me know which company in GLasgow you use and if they are good ;o)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts