Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all has anyone got any pics of a pure or prestige with mud flaps fitted, I can't find any good ones on the net, I can't make up my mind if to fit them or not, I have noticed the spray from the front goes all up the back doors. This could lead to road rash and that never looks good.just don't want to spoil the cool looks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi dentaid

I had the same problem as you, i spent weeks lookng for a picture of any evoque with flaps couldnt find any, so thought what the heck i added them to my order, would rather stop the side stone chips ruining the doors (had this on ever car except TT which i had fitted with M/Fs). if you do find any pics still would be greatful if you would let us see them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes pics please, although after 500 miles I have decided they are needed. Lots of lanes round by us and the RRE is sprayed up the side. Looks like a proper RR now although my wife wants me to clean it all the time. How easy is it to fit the front mud flaps?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to see some pics too.... My black RRE get's dirty on the sides, especially the back doors...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys
not sure why I havent picked this up before, I have a prestige that I fitted mudflaps to and can take some pics if you still need them.

The front ones really act well to stop spray and road rash and the rear ones do a great job of stopping having to leave your rear wiper on all the time as they completely remove the spray.

I'm happy to take some pic's tomorrow just personal message me if needed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi,

some pictures would be great, but not only from the mud flaps

cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
The official fitting guides would have you cutting a section out of the wheel arch and this may be the easy option but not the best in my opinion and I know from experience that you dont have to do this.

The front flaps took about an hour in total to fit although that was around 45 mins on 1 side and 15 on the other........

I bought them from Marshall Land Rover via ebay for around £95 for all 4 inc. postage and took about 2 hours to fit all 4.

Re fitting - given that it is your own car as long as you know which way round to hold a spanner and a screw driver you are bound to take much more car than the jnr mechanic at the garage and therefore do a better job. Pics to follow tomorrow when the sun comes up :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Rob, will place my order today. Did you have to cut a small hole for the fronts and are the drill holes already marked, having read the instructions they seem to be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a full set put on before I collected the car as you are then covered by the full 3 year vehicle warranty. Mine is a Dynamic and they are very subtle, but work very well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Pete
You definately do not have to cut a hole as per the instructions, it seems to be there only to make your life slightly easier, it seems to be for the nut that you have to drill the hole for. A little patience and you can get your hand through underneath and fit the nut onto the screw which you push up from the bottom.

The drill hole is not marked either but what I did is take the 2 x existing screws out from the arch, put the guard in place and tighten these back up again, once you've got it exactly as you want it you can then mark up the hole - I used a permanent marker which did the job perfectly.

There is a youtube clip from 'powerfuluk' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XwXGBDl3I
whilst this is on a dynamic and therefore the bottom fitting is in a different location its good for reference.

The rear guards are alot more logical. You have to remove the x 2 bolts from the wheel guard fabric so you can move this aside and see both the screw and nut locations and also so you can change the double sided (croc) clip that is provided in the fixings pack. You have to drill x 3 holes but again you can mark these up with ease with a marker and away you go.

Good luck and enjoy the £250 saving and satisfaction knowing you have done a better job than LandRover :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Rob,

Mudflaps are at home, roll on Sunday, will see how I get on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A question for those who have fitted their own: did you take the wheels off?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didnt remove the rear wheels although maybe slightly different fitting on a Prestige - turned the front wheels though and they fit fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting, so with the front wheels in place and turned, you can get a drill in to drill the hole and cut the square hole in the end of the plastic sill cover? There have been reports of the mudflaps fitting badly which I think may be down to the mis-alignment of the hole causing distortion when everything is tightened up. Also, I was surprised at the torque required to screw the screws into the speed nuts - that torque has to be resisted by the speed nut when installed in the quite soft plastic and may distort things. Seems worthwhile to work the screw in and out several times before it is installed and possibly a drop of oil.

There's no doubt this is a job worth doing yourself, both money saved and a better job.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Front fitted, no issues. Rear nearside started but then so did the rain. Still it gives a chance to see the difference. Your choice but, but I know what I prefer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A picture says more than a thousand words. It doesn't seem to spoil the looks too much. I will give it a go without them first.

edit: I guess it does affect the offroading abilities a little bit.
Edited by: Cedric

·
Registered
79 Posts
well done Pete - I know which I prefer - and you will definately notice the difference of a lack of road spray (even with 1 fitted ;-) )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts