Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to forum. Am considering pure 4wd Td4 as a replacement company car. I have test drove sd4 over 350 miles and this has convinced me that it will be a more comfortable replacement for the Audi a4. So the heart says YES. The head says - what about the economics? the BEnfit in kind tax will be higher , But the increased fuel efficiency would go some way to off setting this -assuming the published figures represented some degree of reality.
I have read back over most of the posts on the subject of mpg. Most seem to have been when the cars were fairly new and covered sd4 or si4. So now that a number of evoques have been about for a time is there any better news on MPG for td4 manual ?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
1100 miles in just over a week so a lot of mway at legal speeds. Not good only circa 34 so far. Hoping it will improve with mileage. Love the car tho - sd4 auto dynamic 5 door. Keeping a bit of a blog on twitter @evoqroadwarrior feel free to follow, I do a lot if miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Bumpy.

I'm in the same position. I just ordered a Pure TD4 manual to replace my A3 and was also considering a Merc 220 an A5 or a Q3. I test drove a Freelander as well for about 100 miles or so on one of my standard business trips, mostly motorway and averaged 47 mpg on the trip, which nearly convinced me to try a Freelander as a company drive.

As the Evoque TD4 is the same engine, arguably with somewhat better economy due to the lighter vehicle and I think the official combined figure of 49 should be easily met.

As always it's always the driver more than the car that gets the economy. I'm happy that driven with a modicum of restraint, I have made the right choice of company car.Edited by: MrFuji

1 - 3 of 3 Posts