Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 62 plate Evoque on Saturday only to find the mpg aren't as accurate as my salesman quoted. I bought this vehicle purely because I need a 4x4 but need to keep my fuel cost down. Currently averaging 33mpg. I've tried different styles of driving and can't get it any better. Not coming anywhere close to the 45/48 I was told. Slightly concerning!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is it the 6 or 9 speed you have and also manual or auto?

I'm averaging 40mpg over my first 1000 miles with the auto 9 speed and around 70% door to door driving

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think you will find that 33 is about the average I tried all kinds of driving styles including cruise control up the motorway at a sensible 70mph and it doesn't seem to move significantly either way. I even had some great advice from another member on how to drive to maximise the MPG but didn't get much difference besides the fact it was not much of an enjoyable driving style. I have a 13 plate manual.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a manual SD4 and have averaged 41.5 MPG over the first 7200 miles of ownership. However most of my driving is done on rural roads so if your driving around town a bit 33 sounds about right, I am afraid to say....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 6 speed manual. I mainly drive on rural roads with one steep hill on route to my usual destination. Apart from the mpg disappointment I love this vehicle. Having owned a discovery TD4 I am pleased at how pleasant the Evoque is to drive

·
Registered
147 Posts
On a 'run' you should get significantly more than 33 mpg with the manual, 40 should be easily achievable. I assume you are resetting the trip computer? If your 'usual destination' is fairly close by (say less than 15 miles) you won't get much better than the high 30's mpg as the engine needs to warm up properly to get maximum efficiency.

Coincidently my wife had just been in touch to say she achieved 47.3mpg on the journey from Inverness to Glasgow airport, she's understandably feeling proud of herself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I get the message....it looks like I'll spend most of my time at the filling station

Does anyone have any opinions on whether V Power diesel is more favourable?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I was getting 33 mpg around town and not had a chance of a long run ,but basildon to heathrow - heathrow to basildon

Average 46 .5 on the m25
Well pleased with that

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone with the new 9 speed auto SI4 noticed a positive impact from the active driveline ? does it bring it closer to the Diesel MPG at all ?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
onceuponatime said:
Ok I get the message....it looks like I'll spend most of my time at the filling station

Does anyone have any opinions on whether V Power diesel is more favourable?

I too got about 42mpg on a run and 32 around town.

Don't bother with V Power, only treated my previous Evoque to two tank fuels of this in two years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a 2012 dynamic 6 speed auto with 20inch wheels for love nor money I cannot get above 35mpg the people that say they are getting 44 plus just amazes me they must be driving like snails or either I have a very heavy right foot lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Going the other way, managed an average of just 16.3 mpg last weekend in my SD4 Diesel Auto. To be fair, that was over a 20 minute session round Goodwood chasing a track novice in his Lancia Integrale

Would have been lower if I had checked it before the "slowing down" in lap

Otherwise, having now passed 20k miles, it seems to be getting more economical, trip computer now regularly showing 36 rather than 33 it showed early on, equating to a real 34 rather than 31

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If worried about fuel consumption why not try checking the
reading in the advanced trip computer to see where the car
thinks the consumption is an issue?

Coming from a turbo petrol engined Alfa I can't say I'm
concerned about consumption, but maybe having to put a slightly
underpowered engine for CO2 emissions reasons and strapping on a
DPF has hamstrung the LRX eco concept a little....

Edited by: Nev

1 - 14 of 14 Posts