Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my SD4 Pure on its first long-distance trip over the weekend - mostly motorway, but with some urban and B-road driving as well. The average MPG came out at 36.2 over about 600 miles (39 on the way up there, which was almost all motorway and dual carriageways). Is this about the same as anyone else is getting?
Edited by: Payndz

·
Registered
52 Posts
After just over 500 miles, mostly on cruise on the motorway at legal limits, I am recording 37.3mpg.

I am quite disappointed by this given the hype about its efficiency, I was hoping for over 40. I think it will average that at 56mph, but who drives like that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Si4 also drinks more than it's boss... :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please don't all forget your cars are new and so the engine is tight, if your getting 36/37 mpg now you will see 40mpg once thing loosen up, my golf gtd was only doing 38 when new now I get 43 round town. Well done on getting your cars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dentaid has a good point - in my old RRS TDV 8 I started off with MPG in the low 20s and after 40k miles it was in the low 30s. Wish I could see that in the Supercharged which is returning around 17-18 if I'm lucky!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wouldnt worry about fuel consumption. Your car will depreciate by far more than you will ever spend on fuel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone got anymore news on what mpg they are getting now that a few more are a little bit more "run in"?

If so, what engine and model are you running? I have a pure td4 on order. I decided to stay with the td4 (and not go to an sd4) having always been happy with it and have averaged about 36mpg on an 07 plate FL2. I would love to know what a td4 evoque might return....

Cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looked at a friend's SD4,yesterday and he uses it mainly around London. 1800 miles so far, 17.9 mpg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

From my own experience it will take about 10K miles for an engine to properly bed in and loosen up, to getbetter economy.

Also don't forget that to get true mileage you need to calculate the exact amount you put into the tank,and mileage between fillups. Most trip computers are inaccurate by a few percent, somewhere between 3% and 8% is the norm. I have never yet seen a trip computer that was dead accurate.

Deeside

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, im 1500 miles into driving my Pure SD4 5dr and averaging 35.5 , Thats based on 5 days a week of local pottering round suburbs and one weekend drive a week on open road doing about 200 miles on a Sunday.

Thought it would be better to be honest but its gradually improving. I think the problem may be on open roads that's its more of a drivers car than my old Jeep so i find i'm holding higher speeds, cruising at 90 where i think i'm doing 70 etc. so that probably doesnt help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
190 auto dynamic . First 330 miles. Average on computer is 25.6. When worked out the long way. 28.9. Reset trip and now averaging 30.9 hope it keeps moving in right direction. That's in normal mode I'm going try in dynamic mode to see if this any better on next fill up. Dealer has said need a good 3000k. Happy with car overall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts