Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evoque TD4 half filled with diesel with 2 adults and managed a respectable 49.2 miles to the gallon on A and B roads. Checked the eco information and it was showing 5 out of 5 and other results 4.9 out of 5.
hope others are getting same kind of figures. Hoping to hit 55 mpg when I hit motorway miles.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
You should easily achieve that with the TD4-excellnt engine and set up
My old Freelander got some amazing MPG on long runs into eastern Europe and hard pressed too.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Our old MY16 180 ingenium was better than this new one, regularly hitting mid 40s on a 10 mile run which is long for us and low to mid 30s round town stop start and little 2 or 3 mile shop trips, whilst our 2020 car isn't bad on mpg it's nowhere near the old one, glad I don't drive it or put fuel in it

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our old MY16 180 ingenium was better than this new one, regularly hitting mid 40s on a 10 mile run which is long for us and low to mid 30s round town stop start and little 2 or 3 mile shop trips, whilst our 2020 car isn't bad on mpg it's nowhere near the old one, glad I don't drive it or put fuel in it
Forgot to mention my Stop/Start was off ...Still getting used to the car so not turned on yet

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
that's a brilliant MPG I must have been heavy footed never got that with mine unless I was on a motorway lol ... going downhill I did hit over 50MPG but that was coasting to the bottom so didn't;t really count 😂

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Stop/Start is a hideous invention
part of start up routine in my Evoque was, ignition-on, stop start off, Sport mode selected and voom!
Luckily don’t have it in the Merc but Mrs M’s golf does, so similar routine to the Evoque.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Always turn SS off myself, the most ridiculous regulation ever and for the life of me I can't understand why members here bust a gut and buy batteries and what not trying to get theirs to work, jeez I wish mine would break 🤣

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always turn SS off myself, the most ridiculous regulation ever and for the life of me I can't understand why members here bust a gut and buy batteries and what not trying to get theirs to work, jeez I wish mine would break 🤣
Not tried it yet sounds like best to keep it off

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
part of start up routine in my Evoque was, ignition-on, stop start off, Sport mode selected and voom!
Luckily don’t have it in the Merc but Mrs M’s golf does, so similar routine to the Evoque.
Thanks for advice

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's a brilliant MPG I must have been heavy footed never got that with mine unless I was on a motorway lol ... going downhill I did hit over 50MPG but that was coasting to the bottom so didn't;t really count 😂
Ha ha years ago in my youth i used to go downhill and put my gearstick in neutral for extra MPG so i see where your coming from Lol

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Got it on my S Class, always on. Press neutral button on the gear stalk and sit at the lights, saving fuel. No brake light dazzling Miss Daisy behind me. (BMW behind me I put my brake lights on though 😡)

Reactions: Maffy and DKZ5745

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
still wonders if she is the only one on this forum that actually likes stop/start and was upset when it stopped working for a while :unsure:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I use mine 👍 when it works that is. Mostly recently it has worked, although it doesn’t tend to stop for long usually. I keep meaning to put the battery on charge to see what effect that has, one day I might remember 🤔🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Likewise DKZ, I need to give my battery a charge, it’s always reading ‘partially charged’. Must be due to the low mileage I do, never really gets a decent charge.

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
still wonders if she is the only one on this forum that actually likes stop/start and was upset when it stopped working for a while :unsure:
No, once the BMS had sorted itself out after the 4 month sleep at the stealer, I’ve had S/S turned on. I think that you just have to learn to anticipate when traffic is going to allow you to move and press the accelerator accordingly.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
As if it wasn't enough that it stops at every junction or traffic light ours now even shuts off while still rolling before I even get to a stop, still can't get used to that

Reactions: Angel

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Just read your disclaimer Doink. Love it 🤣

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Been there a while Vet, only fair to warn people that sometimes I talk a load of ballcocks :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Don’t we all? (Maffy!) 😂

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Don’t know what you mean vet?-pure as the driven slush I am!😎

• Haha
Reactions: Veteran
1 - 20 of 22 Posts