Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving for 30 years and have never once bothered checking mpg. I reckon if you like a car then it shouldn't bother you. It is always a case of the way you drive and I find that something with a smaller engine drinks fuel more as I'm used to driving cars with bigger engines that pull so much better. I'm not an Eco mentalist and expect to spend around £100 a week on fuel. Yes I admit I have rather a heavy right foot but that's me and it doesn't bother me

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tigertim, i think you forgot to say "so there at the end of your message (plus an emoticon poking its tongue out) !
I know what you mean as far too many people seem obsessed by it, however it is a good indication of efficiency which has a direct link to how much we all have to pay to fill up.

I would also say your message also applies to those who put a lot of thought to re-sale values, i.e. get a car you like and enjoy and the extra few percent saved or lost over the years will be irrelevant.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Right with you Tigertim.

I have made my views made before on MPG so I won't go into it again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It wasn't a huge factor for me as you can tell from my engine choice!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Chill people !, you seem to be thinking this is another MPG chase, whereas i believe tigertim was saying something along the lines of "why bother, just enjoy".
Unless of course you use one for business use and can only claim a certain amount per mile, therefore making you more out of pocket is the mpg isnt quite as good as you would have hoped.

... Now, i am off to do some man maths and work out how i can afford a 'Big Daddy Range Rover' and achieve 37mpg ......

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol spud. Yes that is exactly what I was saying. When I think of people working out mpg I picture Jeremy Clarkson's men with beards talking through their adenoids

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm with TigerTim on this.

The obsession with MPG has got out of all proportion. I drive about 12,000 miles a year. The difference in fuel cost between my thirsty but wonderfully satisfying Si4 and a slower, more efficient SD4 is, compared with all the other costs of ownership, trivial.

Enjoy life: I'd hope Evoque owners chose the car because they enjoy driving and possibly to make a statement. If you don't like driving and want to use as little fuel as possible buy something small, very efficient and tedious but with a good sound sysstem.

Life is too short to worry about such trivia!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts