Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SD4 Pure Auto is now 1500 miles old and is averaging a disappointing 33 MPG driven "normally".This is some way below the claimed return - is anyone bettering this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
My SD4 auto has started to improve following a software upgrade earlier this week. Now up to 34.4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dynamic Cope SD4 Auto motorway driving went from 37 -38 mpg to 47-48 mpg after being fitted with a chip express diesel module over50miles then driven 70 (plus a little more but not much) 42 - 43mpg over fifty miles. Increase in BHP is noticeable. Box fitted in 5mins (and can be unfitted in the same time)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought one, based on the boastful mpg claims (as I drive 40k plus a year), which are a complete myth ... I've had mine for 2 months, driving at 60 on motorways, and returning 33mpg , not 50+ as advertised on their web site, mine is for sale in New Year, I not touch Land Rover product again... very disappointing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How many miles you done in it Steve? I am scraping 34 but with a feather like throttle. I need to be edging to 38 min. Only done 1100 miles in it do far so hoping engine loosens up more

#evoqr

·
Registered
136 Posts
#evoqroadwarrior for daily blog

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agile, I called in at the dealer a couple of weeks ago for them to look at the loadspace cover and they mentioned that I was down on their records as being due a software upgrade which they did there and then. Took about 30 mins. Don't really know what it did.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have never had a car that achieved the manufacturers claimed mpg, their figures are based on a setof teststhat are not representative of normal driving, at least they are now - in the past I think they just used to pull the figure out of the air!!
If you people want an unusual, expensive,striking looking car that is also economical on fuel, go buy an Aston Martin Cygnet.

Otherwise bite the bullet, pay for the fuel, and enjoy driving what is probably the best Land Rover ever.

Graham

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now on 3,500 on a SD4 diesel manual. getting 34 on a run, 29 going to/from work. This has to be trading standards issue. less than 60% of what it should be doing and driving sensibly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
unless Harold is 1) towing a horse box or 2) is a very fat geezer , I reckonhe should be taking that car back to the dealership and asking them to have a look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Graham has a point - ain't nobody bought a Range Rover for its fuel efficiency - but LR must have some obligation to check why its that far off the optimal numbers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must be a totally fool then, as i purchased one based on the facts as stated at the launch, that it will achieve amazing fuel economy for a SUV, then saw the government figures on Land Rover site and placed an order. Stupid me to believe they were telling the TRUTH ... should have realized that 50 mpg, meant 34 mpg, Not a great decision to change from normal my BMW, and Audi diesels for my 40k miles a year travel needs (that surprising do within 3-5 miles of the figures they give) , to this fuel eating machine. For Sale, if anyone one interested.

Graham... I'm neither a horse or caravan owner, nor overweight..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is it possible that the mpg figure that is deceiving you lot is actally for the two wheel drive TD4 with stop-start, rather than the real cars that everone is driving? Did the publicity say "up to ___ mpg" ?I don't know as I'm in France and we work in litres per 100km which means nothing to me! I'm not even sure if I have seen consumption claims in French advertising, it seems to be a "lifestyle" thing here. All I know is I have followed the development of the LRX excitedly and I'm looking forward to mine arriving early March. It will replace a F2 TD4 auto which has regularly given me 8 to 9 litres per 100ks (31 to 35 mpg) depending on how I use it.

Graham

·
Registered
16 Posts
Graham, you are correct, the MPG is for the TD4. Most adverts from any manufacturer will state a range and show the maximum for the lowest model with a picture of the top of the range car. I think close to 40mpg for a Range Rover is fantastic, and agree, you don't buy one for fuel consumption figures! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The stated figures for the SD4 is 6.5l/100km.
Achieving 8-9 seems also a bit too far off the claimed consumption.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts