Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a tester and just had this notice through.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've just had that sent via a client as I do some web work for a couple of MOT garages.
Sadly they said they can no longer justify staying open after this announcement. I've told him that's a shame as people will still need cars fixed, punctures repaired but he said the parts supply is packing up so that won't work :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had something very similar from my insurance company in Spain regarding the MOT (ITV) of a vehicle I have out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was under the impression that garage workshops are regarded as 'essential' businesses to keep the wheels :)LOL:) of industry turning. My local tyre fitter just ordered me 4 tyres for fitting this week.
I guess everyone's circumstances are different.

·
Super Moderator
10,803 Posts
According to VOSA MOT stations can stay open or close. It's up to them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't think it is mandatory to leave your MOT for 6 months. (y)

·
Super Moderator
10,803 Posts
It's not Bazz

·
Registered
132 Posts
My VW had an MOT today and, like HmmmUK has found, my independent Garage said that (as they are rural) it looked likely that they would close next week as parts supply is becoming a problem plus elderly drivers are self isolating and others are not visiting... With an older vehicle i would prefer to have my vehicle checked as this could be 18-months since an independent check but ... it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My VW had an MOT today and, like HmmmUK has found, my independent Garage said that (as they are rural) it looked likely that they would close next week as parts supply is becoming a problem plus elderly drivers are self isolating and others are not visiting... With an older vehicle i would prefer to have my vehicle checked as this could be 18-months since an independent check but ... it is what it is.
Most people nowdays have their MOT and service done around the same time. With a few exceptions (brake efficiency, exhaust emissions and headlamp alignment), most of the items tested in the MOT test should be covered In a decent service. If you can’t get your MOT done at your usual garage, you can at least have your service carried out and be sure that your vehicle is in a good condition. Most garages have parts delivered and every motor factor I know is still delivering, just their trade counters are closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts