Evoque Owners Club banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Maybe suggest that they permanently swap the loan car with yours....and also pay you some compensation to cover all your problems?
The car doesn't belong to LR - apparently they didn't have any available. The guy that delivered it said it was from the AA.
It looks great though -all black with the black pack, looks menacing馃槀

Registered
The car doesn't belong to LR - apparently they didn't have any available. The guy that delivered it said it was from the AA.
It looks great though -all black with the black pack, looks menacing馃槀
If your dealer is anything like mine you鈥檒l probably find they have a distinct lack of their own courtesy cars . I suspect they鈥檝e sold most of them for a nice profit due to the lack of new cars knocking around.

Reactions: FB1

Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
Interesting that some other manufacturers seem to have no problem with availability of demonstrator and courtesy cars. My wife's Porsche is booked in for its first service next week and she has been offered a wide choice of courtesy car....a new Macan, Boxster GTS, 911 Turbo S or even an electric Taycan S. Why are Land Rover dealers so short of cars compared to other brands?

Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
I鈥檝e had to wait nearly four weeks for an appointment (tomorrow). No loan cars available at all, as their new ones have not yet been made (was the update I was given). I find it quite incredible that a large dealer group have no loan vehicles whatsoever.

Chap I know said Mercedes are back to normal with their loan cars. Seems LR aren鈥檛 and no sign of any improvement.

Meanwhile I鈥檓 left with a whole logistical nightmare, asking people to drop my spare key off in advance, lifts from people, and general all round inconvenience. I start work early, so cannot drop the car off easily. Still yet to see any hospitality of any sort from Land Rover - croissants and coffee someone told me was on offer. Covid put pay to all that!

Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
I鈥檝e had to wait nearly four weeks for an appointment (tomorrow). No loan cars available at all, as their new ones have not yet been made (was the update I was given). I find it quite incredible that a large dealer group have no loan vehicles whatsoever.

Chap I know said Mercedes are back to normal with their loan cars. Seems LR aren鈥檛 and no sign of any improvement.

Meanwhile I鈥檓 left with a whole logistical nightmare, asking people to drop my spare key off in advance, lifts from people, and general all round inconvenience. I start work early, so cannot drop the car off easily. Still yet to see any hospitality of any sort from Land Rover - croissants and coffee someone told me was on offer. Covid put pay to all that!
This must be a regional issue, I called about 4 weeks ago as I had an issue with the brake assist, it was a Thursday and they gave me an appointment the following Monday with a loan car which was a Discovery Sport 21 plate. This was booked direct with the dealership.

Registered
MY20 Porsche Macan S - Volcano Grey
Interesting that some other manufacturers seem to have no problem with availability of demonstrator and courtesy cars. My wife's Porsche is booked in for its first service next week and she has been offered a wide choice of courtesy car....a new Macan, Boxster GTS, 911 Turbo S or even an electric Taycan S. Why are Land Rover dealers so short of cars compared to other brands?
Well that鈥檚 not my experience with my Porsche dealer, as they can鈥檛 supply a loan car for when my car goes in for some warranty work today, because they told me the one they had allocated was sold last week, and no more courtesy cars are available!

Registered
Well that鈥檚 not my experience with my Porsche dealer, as they can鈥檛 supply a loan car for when my car goes in for some warranty work today, because they told me the one they had allocated was sold last week, and no more courtesy cars are available!
As I suspected , some dealers (not just LR) are putting profit over good customer service and are selling any available loan cars. I wouldn鈥檛 mind if they explained that and got a few Fiestas in from the local car rental place.

Reactions: rencar

Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
In my experience with Porsche how you are treated depends on your customer profile and length of relationship with that particular dealership. My wife and I have both been regular new car buyers at the same Porsche dealership for the last 25 years....so are considered to be important customers there. It does seem a little unfair on other customers to be treated differently but is also very useful when you want to test drive the latest new model for a few days or need a loan car at short notice. Also it will depend on the size of the dealership...smaller businesses obviously tend to have lower stock levels so will not always have a vehicle available to use as a courtesy car.

Registered
In my experience with Porsche how you are treated depends on your customer profile and length of relationship with that particular dealership. My wife and I have both been regular new car buyers at the same Porsche dealership for the last 25 years....so are considered to be important customers there. It does seem a little unfair on other customers to be treated differently but is also very useful when you want to test drive the latest new model for a few days or need a loan car at short notice. Also it will depend on the size of the dealership...smaller businesses obviously tend to have lower stock levels so will not always have a vehicle available to use as a courtesy car.
The last 2 times my Evoque has been in they haven鈥檛 washed it despite telling me in all the spiel when I dropped it off they would . The second time it happened I raised it with the service manager. He admitted they prioritise the wash and vacs for the more expensive models first ! How bad is that ? My car only cost 拢48k 鈥 just a bit of loose change clearly.

Registered
The last 2 times my Evoque has been in they haven鈥檛 washed it despite telling me in all the spiel when I dropped it off they would . The second time it happened I raised it with the service manager. He admitted they prioritise the wash and vacs for the more expensive models first ! How bad is that ? My car only cost 拢48k 鈥 just a bit of loose change clearly.
You're right....it is a sad fact of life in this country that the wealthier you are and the more money you spend the better service you will receive.

Registered
25 years is a very long period鈥! My experience with Porsche has been similar, but I have also bought several different cars during the last 25 years鈥!
Have you or your wife driven the Taycan鈥?

Attachments

Registered
We haven't driven a Taycan yet. My wife thinks it's too big for her to use as a daily driver but I would like to try one soon...just to see how good Porsche is at the full EV thing.

Registered
Was it the Taycan I read had a 0-60 of 2.8 seconds? I know it was a new electric Porsche. Very nippy 馃挩馃憤馃徎

Registered
Was it the Taycan I read had a 0-60 of 2.8 seconds? I know it was a new electric Porsche. Very nippy 馃挩馃憤馃徎
The Taycan Turbo S is 2.8 seconds to 60. I had a 4S which was 4.0 seconds鈥 I have had cars with similar 0鈥60 times. But the Taycan 4S certainly felt quicker鈥

Registered

Registered

Registered
Is this middle age crisis?
Your all showing off with your 0 to 60 figures :cool:
I love driving my wife's 453 Smart Cabrio as it 0 to 60 eventually :p
The roof operation is actually quicker :ROFLMAO:

Advantage of a slow car: I have had my fast cars in my youth which was a priority, now in retirement I just want to survive on the road, so the Smart car is relaxing driving. No fast races off at the lights by idiots, no nutters chasing you and it goes fast enough to keep most tailgaters off my back. The only problem is that if I overtake a car on the motorway with the Smart, there is a delay in their thinking, and suddenly they realise they have just been overtaken by a small car, and then try to catch me up LOL.

Registered

Advantage of a slow car: I have had my fast cars in my youth which was a priority, now in retirement I just want to survive on the road, so the Smart car is relaxing driving. No fast races off at the lights by idiots, no nutters chasing you and it goes fast enough to keep most tailgaters off my back. The only problem is that if I overtake a car on the motorway with the Smart, there is a delay in their thinking, and suddenly they realise they have just been overtaken by a small car, and then try to catch me up LOL.
Totally agree. I am also retired, and have had my boy racer cars鈥! I might try a Smart car鈥
I have had a few cars similar to your Smart car鈥

Attachments

Registered

I read that your wife's Smart Cabrio does 0-60 in less than 12 seconds...! LOL.

Registered
Is that downhill with a following wind 馃槀

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Boat

81 - 100 of 131 Posts