Evoque Owners Club banner
61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
56 Posts
I tend to agree with you however I have a number of concerns about not updating the software.
Firstly, the Pivi Pro system was crap when I first got the car with numerous problems that seen to have been sorted by updates.
Secondly, if I am made aware of the availability of updates and the text that goes with them emphasising the importance of them to the operation of the car and I ignore them
A. Will the warranty become invalid ?
B. Would my car insurance be invalid ?
The point that is being missed is once the car goes in for service the first thing Land Rover will do is check the status of the software, then they will up-date to the latest spec - you can't stop this as it will cause issues with your warranty, so why put off the inevitable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just another fault the car has.... thinks its fully charged at 81%

View attachment 10384
It did this on me once, I unlocked the car while charging and it stopped charging, it was over the 80% so it would not charge again. There's something about the 80% mark that will not allow you to charge it if the car has been stopped or you want to top it up. I did try to top up once with the battery 83% full and it wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
I tend to agree with you however I have a number of concerns about not updating the software.
Firstly, the Pivi Pro system was crap when I first got the car with numerous problems that seen to have been sorted by updates.
Secondly, if I am made aware of the availability of updates and the text that goes with them emphasising the importance of them to the operation of the car and I ignore them
My car has worked perfectly from day one, including the Pivi Pro, so I have no need to change anything. I have always declined any updates on both of my previous Evoques and they both had zero problems. I also never update my phone, tablet or laptop software as I truly believe that these unnecessary updates just cause problems , not solve them.
Software updates are only advisory...not legally compulsory. I paid cash for my car, so own it outright, it's not on hp or a lease....therefore I choose what I do with it, not the manufacturer.or insurance company.

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
70 Posts
It did this on me once, I unlocked the car while charging and it stopped charging, it was over the 80% so it would not charge again. There's something about the 80% mark that will not allow you to charge it if the car has been stopped or you want to top it up. I did try to top up once with the battery 83% full and it wouldn't let me.
Its done it before to me on lower percentages for no reasons.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
My car has worked perfectly from day one, including the Pivi Pro, so I have no need to change anything. I have always declined any updates on both of my previous Evoques and they both had zero problems. I also never update my phone, tablet or laptop software as I truly believe that these unnecessary updates just cause problems , not solve them.
Software updates are only advisory...not legally compulsory. I paid cash for my car, so own it outright, it's not on hp or a lease....therefore I choose what I do with it, not the manufacturer.or insurance company.
So you don't up-date your spyware that's pretty bold, what happens when say Microsoft stop supporting your operating system.

Your issue will come when it does go wrong, owing it outright is fine but if you ever did need warranty work you could have an issues.

Reactions: FB1

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My car has worked perfectly from day one, including the Pivi Pro, so I have no need to change anything. I have always declined any updates on both of my previous Evoques and they both had zero problems....
Software updates on cars are maddening. My Wifes Smart car recently went in for a service, and on the invoice I noticed an Engine software update had been done without our consent, it had not even been mentioned before the service that an update would be done. To rub salt in the wound, I asked what this software update does, and they said they had no idea :D

I even asked on the Smart car forum, and owners who had also had the update had no idea what software update this was meant to do to the engine. Luckily the update seemed to have done nothing....nothing good or bad.

From now on I ask that I do not want updates on any cars we own, unless they can tell me what it is needed for, and unless its a safety issue, I do not want it.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
So you don't up-date your spyware that's pretty bold, what happens when say Microsoft stop supporting your operating system.

Your issue will come when it does go wrong, owing it outright is fine but if you ever did need warranty work you could have an issues.
I have declined all software updates on both of my previous Evoques, including when offered by the main dealer at the first service. This never caused any problems and my dealership has always reassured me that it would not cause a problem if warranty work was ever necessary. Luckily I have never had a problem that required me to return any of my Evoques for warranty work so far.

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,367 Posts
hubby car polestar2 two has updates over air and has had two updates since nov which is when we got the car and both have bricked the car and nothing would work and ended up in the garage .. first one was interesting as he was in the drive and they had to try and turn it and load it ... he now says no as garage didn't even know how to fix the last update it was just in limbo ...

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
214 Posts
LV introduced a 'get out' clause into there Motor policy wording in respect of failure to install recommended updates or installing updates from 3rd party. I no longer use them so not sure of currect policy wording.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
LV introduced a 'get out' clause into there Motor policy wording in respect of failure to install recommended updates or installing updates from 3rd party. I no longer use them so not sure of currect policy wording.
Interesting, I am with LV this year, but surely you could get round that clause by saying the dealership forgot to put latest updates in the car. Maybe they actually did not do the updates, Its your word against them. I would think LV would have a hard time denying to pay out. But insurance companies are always at it, squirming not to pay.

Talking about insurance.....Here is Scotland this February coming (and soon to be all of UK) we have a property dilemma as the Scottish government have passed a law introducing an interconnected wi-fi smoke detector fire alarms law for all houses, at the owners cost. Minimum set up is around £150, and it us that have to pay for it, not the Government, and it could affect your housing insurance if you do not have it. ie, if you do not have it and you house burns to the ground, your gubbed as your insurance would be void.

Min set up is..smoke detector in living room, one in each corridor/floor, heat detector in kitchen (all interconnected) and one CO2 detector (not interconnected or can be interconnected).

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
214 Posts
Interesting, I am with LV this year, but surely you could get round that clause by saying the dealership forgot to put latest updates in the car. Maybe they actually did not do the updates, Its your word against them. I would think LV would have a hard time denying to pay out. But insurance companies are always at it, squirming not to pay.
Found he exact wording from a previous post and is specific to OTA updates
Loss or damage caused by failure to install and/or accept OTA updates recommended by your car's manufacturer and caused by OTA updates - that are not approved by your Car's manufacturer.
I can only assume that they have a method to interrogate the vehicle event log.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Min set up is..smoke detector in living room, one in each corridor/floor, heat detector in kitchen (all interconnected) and one CO2 detector (not interconnected or can be interconnected).
I think that's a Co detector (Carbon Monoxide) not Co2 (carbon dioxide). The Ex-FireFighter coming out in me 😁
I already have all those and 3 more Co detectors. Horses for courses I suppose.

Reactions: colin4x4

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Btw I think that’s been a requirement in new build houses in England for quite some time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hubby car polestar2 two has updates over air and has had two updates since nov which is when we got the car and both have bricked the car and nothing would work and ended up in the garage .. first one was interesting as he was in the drive and they had to try and turn it and load it ... he now says no as garage didn't even know how to fix the last update it was just in limbo ...
This proves my point perfectly....all these unnecessary updates are just causing problems that weren't there before. The only reason I can see to justify installing any software update is when there is a definite, diagnosed software error.that is causing the car to malfunction.....not just because the owner can't find Spotify on their Pivi Pro.

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Loan car is going like a dream - as the hybrid should!! I've heard nothing from the dealership where my car is - I called them on the day it went in and the receptionist said all the service agents were busy and someone would call me back. Nothing. Apparently they are snowed under with breakdowns.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Loan car is going like a dream - as the hybrid should!! I've heard nothing from the dealership where my car is - I called them on the day it went in and the receptionist said all the service agents were busy and someone would call me back. Nothing. Apparently they are snowed under with breakdowns.
Maybe suggest that they permanently swap the loan car with yours....and also pay you some compensation to cover all your problems?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is terrible service , and mirrors the lack of comms I get from my local dealer when it’s in for repair . I don’t mind things going wrong - it’s a mechanical thing packed with tech so bound to happen. But I do expect to be treated well when things go wrong, and be kept informed. I get such apathy from the staff I deal with …. It’s almost like “ you bought an LR product , what did you expect ?”

61 - 80 of 131 Posts