Evoque Owners Club banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I got told the part is on backorder too. No courtesy cars available so awaiting a hire car being delivered. The tractor issue is a different problem then?
Yes , noisy engine all sorted and totally unrelated to my EV problems. I’ve got my car back now and awaiting the HV coolant heater to arrive from back order - not holding my breath expecting it any time soon if it’s a common problem - looks like I’ll be spending most of my time driving on ICE till then - which is more bearable now it’s nice and quiet .

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
75 Posts
So after having months of problems with the car back at the beginning of the year, RR fitting new EV motor at a cost of 8-10K due to the EV system shutting down and taking out the cruise control, auto handbrake, stability control, cameras, collision warning system and the car running like the ICE engine was going to blow up! I am now left with a car that hasn't been using the EV system correctly for would say 4 months and costing me more money to run than if I bought the cheaper diesel equivalent. (Very annoying as I charge my car at work for nothing)

After reading thro this post, and some people advising using the car with the climate control off, I thought I would give it a go yesterday..... And guess what the car actually uses the EV motor and stays in it. What a joke, for one RR not been able to diagnose the problem, at the minute I'm on back order for a Battery pre-conditioner, and two, why don't RR advise that running the with no climate may make the EV work, would of saves me a lot of fuel cost.

Starting to loose faith in this brand, and its a real shame as I think the car is stunning inside and out, and when it actually works, its amazing

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
The garage I took mine to didn't know about the fault and without the print out of the service message from this thread I've no confidence that they would've diagnosed the problem so readily. I only tried not using the heating based on this thread as well.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
137 Posts
The garage I took mine to didn't know about the fault and without the print out of the service message from this thread I've no confidence that they would've diagnosed the problem so readily. I only tried not using the heating based on this thread as well.
Land Rover should really be open and honest and recall these cars to get them running as they were marketed. They won’t though, as it’s not a safety issue and will cost them money.

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
Really is a bit of a joke that a 55k car only works when the heating isn't on
It's not just Land Rover, Jag with the I-Pace are having exactly the same issues and as these cars are related you can understand why there is a shortage, Tesla have had similar issues as well so it looks to be something that is common on EV cars in general.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My loan car was lovely and warm this morning - heated seats, fan blowing warm air and toasty hands on the heated steering wheel.
It's a DIESEL 😂😂
I got given a diesel as a loan car for a while.... Don't you think that having the diesel engine just makes the car very unrefined? Defiantly wouldn't of got the Evoque if i had to get the diesel version

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
excuse me holds her hand in the air.... nothing wrong with a diesel I'm always toasty warm, warm hands and warm bum and I think I look very refined ;)

• Haha

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
I got given a diesel as a loan car for a while.... Don't you think that having the diesel engine just makes the car very unrefined? Defiantly wouldn't of got the Evoque if i had to get the diesel version
Not as unrefined as driving around in a car with no heater 😂😂

·
Registered
548 Posts
excuse me holds her hand in the air.... nothing wrong with a diesel I'm always toasty warm a warm hands and warm bum and I think I look very refined ;)
Angel, when you take delivery of your new car you will understand what Code Monkey means. I used to think my previous 2018 HSE Dynamic diesel was smooth, quiet and refined....but compared with my current P300e it's like a tractor 🤣

·
Registered
75 Posts
No honestly.... Don't get me wrong my P300e is a nightmare. But when it does work on EV, you can't hear a thing, its smooth while still been quick, and even when the engine kicks in its still a nice drive just not that good on fuel.

All I'm saying is the diesel engine seems to be all or nothing, only my opinion

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
Angel, when you take delivery of your new car you will understand what Code Monkey means. I used to think my previous 2018 HSE Dynamic diesel was smooth, quiet and refined....but compared with my current P300e it's like a tractor 🤣
as long as I have heat but I'm beginning to wonder if I will have :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
14 Posts
A few people on here have had the drive bearing replaced.
I had mine replaced about a month ago which initially resolved the noise that was evident at low speeds when the ICE was under load.
Unfortunately the noise it now back again at load on the ICE (no noise on EV when it works, or on the ICE under no load).
Really disappointed with this car……
Surely a replacement cannot go so quickly, it must be another issue? Similar to many people I’m waiting for the EV heater.
I don’t seem to be able to get a fully working car….

·
Registered
548 Posts
Are all the owners with this EV heater failure being given courtesy loan cars while they wait for Land Rover to fix their faulty vehicles....or are they just expected to drive around in their cold cars all winter ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
A few people on here have had the drive bearing replaced.
I had mine replaced about a month ago which initially resolved the noise that was evident at low speeds when the ICE was under load.
Unfortunately the noise it now back again at load on the ICE (no noise on EV when it works, one on the ICE under no load).
Really disappointed with this car……
Surely a replacement cannot go so quickly, it must be another issue? Similar to many people I’m waiting for the EV heater.
I don’t seem to be able to get a fully working car….
What year is your vehicle, when you say a noise what type of noise a grinding noise, rumbling noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was given the number for Land Rover Experience Centre to ask for a hire car. The experience wasn't very good as the centre was closed. The dealers will not provide a car directly unless it getting repaired. Perhaps different for other users.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was given the number for Land Rover Experience Centre to ask for a hire car. The experience wasn't very good as the centre was closed. The dealers will not provide a car directly unless it getting repaired. Perhaps different for other users.
I would reject the car as not being fit for purpose, which it's not if the heaters not working, plus it's stopping the batteries being conditioned.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts