Evoque Owners Club banner
181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
You are absolutely right Rob. I am happy to hold my hands up and admit I was sceptical about the P300e's towing capabilities at first. You have proved me wrong and I applaud you for that.
Just goes to show what a brilliant all round vehicle it is....and when working correctly there is nothing better for the money. 👍
....and when working correctly there is nothing better for the money. 👍
The problem is there seems to be a significant number that just don't work correctly. This is compounded by the fact that LR don't seem capable of fixing the issues some are experiencing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The problem is there seems to be a significant number that just don't work correctly. This is compounded by the fact that LR don't seem capable of fixing the issues some are experiencing.
Correct. As a driver of one of the first off the production line it’s frustrating as hell. It’s such a shame because I want to love it , and with a bit of knowledge , care and attention from LR I’m sure it still could be . The problem with main dealers, of all makes , is that mechanics don’t really exist anymore . They just employ fitters. Unless plugging the computer in for a software update, or swapping a part on the advice of a service bulletin doesn’t fix the issue they are clueless a lot of the time .

So it’s back to the dealer again on Tuesday for me for them to have another stab at fixing my list of stuff .

·
Registered
548 Posts
If Land Rover cannot (or will not) fix all these problems that early P300e owners are experiencing then there definitely sounds like there is a case for rejection due to the vehicle not being fit for purpose. Maybe a good idea would be all these owners grouping together and collectively demanding that their faulty cars are replaced....or the full purchase price refunded?

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 · (Edited)
I had a text today from LR finance apologising for the delay in answering my complaint - they've given themselves until the middle of December to make a decision apparently!! Not being over impressed by this I contacted customer experience by phone - they didn't even know there was a case or what was going on other than the dealership were waiting for parts. They do know now and a case manager will look into what's been ( or not been more like ) going on.
Just the most appalling customer service - the worst I think I've ever received from any company.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
Appealing is probably not a word I'd use lol

Reactions: FB1 and 4ndy

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
You’ve got to love a typo 🤣 that why I always say JLR dealers are a right bunch of winkers 😉

Reactions: FB1 and 4ndy

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
I tried running the car without the heating and it worked exactly as it should. Turn the heating back on, however and it jumps straight back to ICE. Land Rover customer service have said to take the car to a local dealer to check the fault codes although judging by some comments here it doesn't sound like that will help. It is a shame as the car did run completely fine for a number of months.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
548 Posts
I tried running the car without the heating and it worked exactly as it should. Turn the heating back on, however and it jumps straight back to ICE. Land Rover customer service have said to take the car to a local dealer to check the fault codes although judging by some comments here it doesn't sound like that will help. It is a shame as the car did run completely fine for a number of months.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Document

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
Ah, thanks for that. So presumably when I take the car in they will know this and follow that procedure?

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ah, thanks for that. So presumably when I take the car in they will know this and follow that procedure?
Thanks @4ndy useful info!
This is really useful , thankyou. My car goes in for this very problem ( and a few others), on Tuesday. At least I now know it’s something they should be aware of.
Apparently this is a fairly common problem, especially on the early hybrid Evoques. Hopefully Land Rover will do a recall to fix all affected cars.

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
Handed in my car this morning with a printout of that special service message. They were thankful but didn't seem to know anything about it. Waiting on the inevitable phone call later to tell me they need to order in the HV coolant heater or they give me the car back supposedly fixed only for the problem to remain. Anyone else had any joy getting theirs fixed yet?

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
Incidentally looks like the P300e Discovery Sport has the exact same issue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Incidentally looks like the P300e Discovery Sport has the exact same issue.
Handed my car in at the dealer this morning and they did know about the EV heater problem. - I didn’t even mention it , only the symptoms . And this was the receptionist , not a technician. Said they’d swapped quite a few out recently. Now awaiting a call back to see if the technician agrees that’s what it needs .

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
Jag are having the same issues with I-Pace - take a look at this post makes for interesting reading and might explain some of the charging issues when cold. Cabin Heaters

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok. So just got my car back from a day at the dealer. My ICE issues are sorted - it no longer sounds like a tractor ! A new drive shaft bearing has sorted it. I don’t think its ever sounded as a quiet as it does now.

I need to wait a bit longer to resolve my EV issues. They are putting it down to a high voltage coolant heater which is on back order. Apparently this is the most common issue on LR hybrid cars coming back for repair at the moment.

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic S
14 Posts
Yeah, I got told the part is on backorder too. No courtesy cars available so awaiting a hire car being delivered. The tractor issue is a different problem then?

181 - 200 of 241 Posts