Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
until last week my car has been operating as I would expect but now its changed.
I can't select EV mode (temporarily unavailable message) switching on the car always starts the ICE and although it will go in to electric after a few miles (hybrid mode) the engine keeps starting periodically for no reason.
Anyone else experiencing this?
I really wish I hadn't got the car in the first place.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Mine is the exact opposite. The only time I can get the petrol engine to fire up is to either floor the accelerator or put it into sport mode...otherwise it just runs on electric all the time.
If you really don't like your car why not sell it? P300e prices are crazy high at the moment...I've been offered £7000 more than I paid for mine 6 months ago!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the exact opposite. The only time I can get the petrol engine to fire up is to either floor the accelerator or put it into sport mode...otherwise it just runs on electric all the time.
If you really don't like your car why not sell it? P300e prices are crazy high at the moment...I've been offered £7000 more than I paid for mine 6 months ago!
I'm seriously considering it

·
Registered
120 Posts
until last week my car has been operating as I would expect but now its changed.
I can't select EV mode (temporarily unavailable message) switching on the car always starts the ICE and although it will go in to electric after a few miles (hybrid mode) the engine keeps starting periodically for no reason.
Anyone else experiencing this?
I really wish I hadn't got the car in the first place.
I hear you . I hate the car . It just does what it wants . Select EV mode , with 100% charge , and it insists on running on petrol for the entire journey - and that is without the heater , aircon or a heavy right foot to justify the ice kicking in . After several software updates , the car rarely uses EV . It operates very differently to when I got it last November - I went 5 months without having to put any petrol in it . Now it uses petrol every journey . All I get from my local LR dealer is total apathy.

Reactions: FB1

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Have either of you tried contacting JLR customer services and explaining your issues? It seems to me that your cars are not performing in the same way that other P300e’s are from the comments I have read on here.
If it was my car, I think that’s the route I would go down after exhausting possibilities with the dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have either of you tried contacting JLR customer services and explaining your issues? It seems to me that your cars are not performing in the same way that other P300e’s are from the comments I have read on here.
If it was my car, I think that’s the route I would go down after exhausting possibilities with the dealer.
I’ve absolutely explored all possibilities with my local dealer . All I get is shoulder shrugs .The car is booked in for its first service in a couple of weeks . My thoughts are have it serviced , receive no doubt more software updates , and see how it goes …. Next stop JLR customer services if I’m not happy in a few weeks .

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is booked in with dealer but the earliest date they could offer is in November. I previously complained to customers services and they said go to dealer.

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
56 Posts
I've had a couple of software up-dates recently, I get a message on the display telling me it's downloading then afterwards it says the install will take place after the next ignition cycle. I start off in EV (set in hybrid mode) and then the engine kicks in for around 10 - 20 miles and then all is good, it goes back to electric as normal and the engine only being used if being pushed hard or I've run out of battery power.

I've never used the EV mode as I've always let the car decide how best to run in hybrid mode. I think you have to accept the vehicle needs to run the engine at some point in time, if it does not complete the engine cycle (mileage after software up-date) it will continue to run the engine at the next start until the software is installed and the vehicle is happy to revert back to normal driving, it took me a while to understand how it works but now it's gone through this cycle a few times it makes sense.

It's a clever vehicle but I do think Land Rover have promoted the wrong way, it's an hybrid and nothing else.

I hope you get your vehicles sorted out, don't get frustrated with the vehicle vent your rage on Land Rover for miss selling the product.

Rob.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Mine is booked in with dealer but the earliest date they could offer is in November. I previously complained to customers services and they said go to dealer.
And they were right to do so. The way to get things sorted is by approaching the dealer in the first instance, not going straight to JLR. It’s only after repeated visits to the dealer with no improvements happening that the call needs to be made to JLR Customer Services. Get them involved at that point & explain your frustrations with the dealer and ask them to intervene to get the vehicle sorted once and for all.
you do need to persevere, and if your car is not performing in the same way that other P300e’s are, then tell them you will have no option than to go down the “sale of goods act” route to get a full refund as the car was clearly mis-sold and is not fit for purpose.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that the P300e is quite sensitive to different driving styles. When I drive mine it does virtually every journey using EV only...but on the rare occasions when I let my wife drive the petrol engine kicks in far more often. She has always owned and driven sports cars so her driving style is all about hard acceleration and late braking.....generally much more aggressive than me. Maybe this is an issue?

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
56 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that the P300e is quite sensitive to different driving styles. When I drive mine it does virtually every journey using EV only...but on the rare occasions when I let my wife drive the petrol engine kicks in far more often. She has always owned and driven sports cars so her driving style is all about hard acceleration and late braking.....generally much more aggressive than me. Maybe this is an issue?
I think there is a lot to consider when driving, I live in the Peak district so there are hills whichever way I go plus they are fast roads so this can be something that can make the engine kick in, certainly when you have a boy racer up your chuff.

I will say the shelf life of modern fuels is not good so it's wise to replace old fuel in your tank, when I store my Series 2A (Not a Defender) over winter I run the fuel down and drain it or put an additive in it to prevent it going off, something to take into consideration when not using petrol over long periods.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get that but my driving style hasn't changed and my journeys are pretty much the same as always. What has changed is the way the car behaves.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A
I think there is a lot to consider when driving, I live in the Peak district so there are hills whichever way I go plus they are fast roads so this can be something that can make the engine kick in, certainly when you have a boy racer up your chuff.

I will say the shelf life of modern fuels is not good so it's wise to replace old fuel in your tank, when I store my Series 2A (Not a Defender) over winter I run the fuel down and drain it or put an additive in it to prevent it going off, something to take into consideration when not using petrol over long periods.
If I do a normal (for me) years mileage then I would expect to be refilling the P300e petrol tank with fresh fuel every 6 or 7 months....so old fuel shouldn't really be a problem for me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It gets worse! Now refusing to go electric at all.
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
Registered
120 Posts
It gets worse! Now refusing to go electric at all. View attachment 10374
Mine did exactly the same the other day. Did about 25 miles on ICE even though I had 100% charge . Left it over night and it did the next days commute on EV as intended …… there is just no pattern to my cars strange behaviour

·
Registered
332 Posts
It gets worse! Now refusing to go electric at all. View attachment 10374
Wow....that mpg isn't great either. It does appear that your car isn't performing correctly. Good luck with a remedy from your dealer and/or JLR customer services.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Never being in a P300e, I would ask the question, can you not force the car into what mode you want, ie, petrol mode or electric mode?

It seems going by the above comments, it seems to do its own thing independent of the drivers wishes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never being in a P300e, I would ask the question, can you not force the car into what mode you want, ie, petrol mode or electric mode?

It seems going by the above comments, it seems to do its own thing independent of the drivers wishes.
As a rule you should be able to force it into hybrid or EV mode, yes . The only exceptions should be if you are heavy with the right foot, or have aircon on full , at which bit the ICE may kick in even if EV is selected. However mine increasing does what it wants regardless of mode selected. When i first got it , I drove all my short commute on EV , and I didn’t put any petrol in it for the initial 5 months , apart from what it was delivered with. Now I have to put petrol in every month , as it decides it needs to use the ICE at some stage every day. I’m in discussions with my lease company and LR dealer on how to proceed……. It does appear I’m not on my own though with this experience.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now the petrol engine isn't working properly - engine warning light on!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Now the petrol engine isn't working properly - engine warning light on!
So now you could call out LR Assist? (they might give better service than your dealer)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts