Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I went to the Geneva Motor Show to see the Evoque in March and then paid my deposit. Initial date was 2nd Oct, then it became mid Nov and today it has slipped to Mid-Jan2012.

Ihave sold my Audi based on the initial indications and have no car from next week! I also wanted my Evoqueto take down to the Alps for New Year. RR are just pants!

We should re-name this website the Evoque NON-Owners Club as nobody has got one cos they are all delayed!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gutted for you, Landrover have got to do something about this before we all go elsewhere. Wish I'd stuck with our Audi to. Which model and spec have you ordered?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Evoque NON-Owners Club......love it! We put deposit down last December, ordered our Dynamic in March and told it would be built 9th September for delivery on the 13th. Which of course came and went with no contact from RR. Received a very short email yesterday saying new build date was 4th Nov but not holding my breath. Very poor service from RR, not impressed one little bit. Hope you get better news soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Maisiemoog , I also had a build date on the 9th September formy prestige, this was then put back 2 weeks, happy to say i took delivery last Wednesday.

I can sympathise with all that have had the build date put back but the wait will be well worth it, as the Evoque is an amazing vehicle, people just stop and look everywhere i go,taking pics,and asking many questions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Car ordered is Dynamic SD4 Manual, 2-2D, White with Panoramic and Privacy. Its only just hitting home what it means to take delivery in 2012. I have booked skiing accom in Les Duex Alps first week of Jan. The plan was to drive down. I bet RR wont pay for my flights now! Official Complaints start on Monday

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car same as yours e4evoque but in black. There was a white car with a black roof and privacy glass at the Glasgow launch night that looked great. Which wheels have you gone for? I would actually have liked a lime green one but didn't want to wait until Feb of next year for one. Looking like the lime green one would arrive the same time as the black one. Let us know how you get on with your complaints!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine was supposed to be here at the end of September but was delayed. However my car has now arrived at the dealership and picking it up on Tuesday - happy days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the standard 20'inch wheels that it comes with. This really feels like a lottery in respect of which cars come off the production line. I wrote my letter of complaint tonight but not holding up much hope :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like everyone else here I am frustrated by the delays. I paid my deposit in February and specd the car in July for a September delivery. This was delayed until 17th November and again for an estimated 4 - 6 weeks.

RR are blaming unprecedented demand, yet most of seem to have ordered the cars more than 9 months ago, so they must have known what the confirmed orders were well in advance.

The most frustrating thing however, is that it is us the customer, who is having to chase the dealers for information. I only found out mine was delayed when i tried to arrange the reg no transfer from my old car which i had sold in anticipation of the delivery. Had they bothered to call me and keep me informed then i would not have sold my car ! The second delay i only found out about as i was sick of the wife asking me when we it was arriving

But what do we matter, we are only customers after all !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just thought I would add my experience......
Originally placed a deposit in June on a White Prestige SD4 with 20" wheels and lux pack and was told build would be 4th November but it would possibly be bought forward.

(Having heard about possible delays I was hoping no news was good news)

Called the dealer this week to see if this was still the case to find out it had been put back to 20th Dec on Friday but then changed again to 2nd Dec on Monday!

Apart from being a bit put out I had not been told, I do not have too much confidence in what is happening now.

Even if I do get it this side of Christmas not sure I want to register the car for the last week in 2011 !

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered my in May and was told next March, it has changed to Feb, Dec, Nov and I'm due to collect it tomorrow! The dealer explained that I'm getting mine before some people that were due one 4 weeks ago, it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all, Booked my evoque start of nov this year was told delivery date start of April. Reading between the lines it could be sep 2012 or feb 2012 lol crazy stuff

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
What Evoque have you ordered, as at the moment the TD4's ED4's seem to have the longer wait?

Coupes at the moment seem to be coming through quicker along with non pan roof models.

Also if you have time on your hands, some purchasers have been ringing all around the country to find out the best delivery forecast as each dealer is in a different position.

The average wait from order to delivery at the moment is 8 months, though it could be that that will reduce as the factory steps up production next year.

So your 6 months order to delivery is quite good, I'm still looking at June from an October order.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Evo-king, I ordered the SD4 dynamic manual 5 door in grey with pan roof, black interior roof, tinted windows, shadow allows. I am still thinking about adding either entertainment pack or lux pack? Not to sure yet. Do you have any difficult decisions still to make?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car has arrived at last.. Eventually, I went above the dealership and complained to Land Rover Customer Services team. Over the last 4 weeks they have kept me upto date and even offered some compensation. The Car is luuurvely but apart from nearly crashing it this morning on sheet ice. Doh!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts