Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will know I have recently changed cars from the Evoque to the Jag E-Pace.

Well after just a couple of weeks of the exchange, I thought I'd share my experience.

The Jag is a lovely car in it's own way, but it's not an Evoque.

I guess if you need to downgrade to a smaller car or need a larger car and you move away from the Evoque, then that is on a needs basis and you'd be ok with that. However, if you are intending to exchange for a similar size/spec vehicle, then I'm afraid not much else will compare with the Evoque.

I fall into the latter category and just 'thought' I needed to change vehicles for the sake of it. And now I'm actually regretting it.

Normally in life, I don't regret many things, as you learn from everything, good and bad. However, on this occasion it is genuine regret of getting rid of the Evoque.

I'm not here to slate the Jag, honestly it is a lovely car in it's own right, but I've had an Evoque and compared to the Evoque, it will never match it in terms of style and feel good factor. The Evoque is a much better car all round in every department.

So the point of this thread is, if you are looking to change cars for something similar in size/shape, step back and take a long hard look and see what the alternative options are and you'll find there aren't any. Only the Evoque is an Evoque and quite frankly nothing else compares.

Enjoy yours whilst you have it! I miss mine dearly.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
I know where you can get some side steps if you need some!!!!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I changed my Evoque for a Jag F Pace S. 3 ltr V6 and don’t regret it at all. The Jag is a lovely car, comfortable, roomy and performance wise I can’t fault it. My wife also prefers the F Pace, though wont drive it as she feels it’s too big and powerful. The Jag has more bells & whistles than the Evoque and better reliability.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
All that is true vet but poor old rash got himself the pedal car version of yours, the E-pace- with those strange wheels if you remember-I must admit I feel for him.
He needs to trade it in and get another Evoque!!!-then he will be happy. (until the next time)

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Rashg6, get it traded in and come back to happiness.
Along with DPF, steering box, screen leaks, rear camera, fuel tank shield rust, (to name just a few) problems

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rashg6, get it traded in and come back to happiness.
Yep.
Plenty of used MY20's around now.
Quite a difference.

To be fair to Vet, the V6 diesel in the F-Pace has been found to be pretty bomb proof.
No DPF issues.
Still think he should have gone for the 380hp petrol though...................:D

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Got a Mercedes S series arriving tomorrow, see how that goes 😁

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Reactions: Valisk 61

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I had the E-Pace for a fortnight in Italy last year on holiday, thought it was shite tbh and not a patch on my Evoque.

Reactions: Maffy
1 - 20 of 30 Posts