Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013, RR Evoque dynamic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After not much use for the past few weeks my Evoque struggled to start with a dead battery, which I temporaily restored via a jumpstart. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed some issues which I’m hoping some members can help with?

1. Mislocking - my car no longer fully locks with the 2 beep sound and the wing mirrors do not fold in. I’ve determined the rear doors are no longer locking when using the key fob. Is this related to having a dead battery or the locking mechanism?

2. Rear windows no longer open - do the windows need to be re-calibrated after a dead battery? Holding up the window switch for 6 seconds does not work for me. Front windows work fine.

3. Battery charging - I know this gets debated a lot but is it advisable to charge the battery while it’s still connected to the vehicle? should I connect the negative to the negative terminal on the battery or to the negative earth point nut on the other side of the engine bay? I already own a Ctek MXS 7.0 so would like to charge the battery.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You need to charge the battery fully, if it was flat, jump starting & running the car will not have put sufficient charge in it. You need to connect the positive lead of the charger to the positive terminal of the battery, and the negative lead to a suitable earthing point such as a bolt that connects to the chassis. If you do a search on here you will find several posts relating to this subject.
This is likely to solve your problems if they weren’t present before the battery went flat.

·
Registered
2013, RR Evoque dynamic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to charge the battery fully, if it was flat, jump starting & running the car will not have put sufficient charge in it. You need to connect the positive lead of the charger to the positive terminal of the battery, and the negative lead to a suitable earthing point such as a bolt that connects to the chassis. If you do a search on here you will find several posts relating to this subject.
This is likely to solve your problems if they weren’t present before the battery went flat.
Thanks. I'm going to give it a full charge all day tomorrow and see if it helps.

·
Registered
2013, RR Evoque dynamic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. Battery fully charged. However, Mislock and rear window issue remains. I wonder if the jumpstart blown a fuse that controls the rear windows and locks is the cause of the issue?

any advice or suggestions that I should investigate before I consider a garage?

·
Super Moderator
2,620 Posts
From the Diagrams I have, the Door modules are all individually fused 25A Fuse 39 and 44 in the Central Junction Box, worth checking.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Disconnect your battery -Ve (negative) wait for say a minute or so and reconnect, test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts