Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2018 HSE Dynamic Black Pack
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m afraid the Mrs will struggle using her phone as a satnav so I’m going to get a micro SIM. I don’t want a rolling contract, just a pay as you go type of thing. Any recommendations? How much data would a satnav use?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,664 Posts
I'm sure a few @Maffy included used a Three data sim

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Yes Indeed, a Three data sim is ideal for you.
I did have a rolling contract one but they do have various pay as you go options
Just make sure it is DATA only as the system will not accept a dual use Sim.

Reactions: Tuffers

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Sorry, The data sim seriuosly won't use crazy amounts of data unless you have your system in Satelite view all the time.
I had 15gb a month and NEVER went anywhere near even half of that, probably not even a quarter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Indeed, a Three data sim is ideal for you.
I did have a rolling contract one but they do have various pay as you go options
Just make sure it is DATA only as the system will not accept a dual use Sim.
Do you need a SIM card if the only thing you’ll want to use is the satnav? Or can you use the satnav without a SIM card. Sorry, but I haven’t played with it much yet.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,737 Posts
The navigation should just work from the installed maps stored within it, to use the Pro-Services enhancements you will need an internet connection,

These services are,
In order to benefit from the full range of Pro Services features, the vehicle requires connection to the internet. Please complete the following steps:

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used a Three sim that has 200Mb free per month, it was enough data for the sat nav. Order your Mobile Broadband SIM | Three.
I ordered the SIM you linked to and it came today. How did you manage to activate it? I inserted it in the slot, entered the address to activate it and it wouldn’t let me do it. All I could do was order another SIM, no other option. I can’t activate it in my phone as that takes a nano SIM.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If I remember correctly you need to activate it online using your phone or tablet device if it takes a card.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just tried to activate it on the 3 website and it’s asking for my phone number. If I add my phone number will that void my SIM in my phone? Confused 🤪

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
What sim did you get as in value GB wise? and on what terms?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'd just wait now, they're offering you the chance to put more money on the sim that you might not need, only top-up if and when needed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd just wait now, they're offering you the chance to put more money on the sim that you might not need, only top-up if and when needed.
Agreed, the 3 SIM will have enough free data for the sat nav traffic updates etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts