Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
Rawpilot
I have attached the screen shot of the USB or DVD for InControl Touch Plus which I 'think' is the one on your car.
You may have a DVD drive under one of the front seats which was the case for some Freelander 2 Sat Nav versions, worth looking.

If it is the USB version, you can't do any damage to the car it just will reject the USB and tell you so. If it is what it hopes to find you will be guided through how to update the maps on the sat nav screen, i.e. start the car and keep it running while it updates. It does this to stop low voltage and the car going to sleep!
You can go for a drive but you won't have any sat nav to direct you!!

Best

Ian

Attachments

Registered
Just downloaded my first map update onto a usb. How long does it take for the update to complete in the car, not sure how long a trip I need to make to save interrupting the update because I've arrived at my destination

Registered
About 15-20 minutes (based on the two that I have applied)

Registered
I've had a problem updating the latest version onto my USB. It took about 10 hours, when, in the past, it's taken 3-4 hours. I'm concerned that there was a problem, either with the site or my memory stick and am reluctant to update my version of maps in case it crashes. This has happened in the past and not only disables the sat nav, it also makes the adaptive speed limiter useless. Living in an area where the police are actively using mobile traps, this makes driving more stressful.
What I now do is erase the USB before downloading the new version and this seems to have sorted the problem out.
Uploading onto the car normally takes about 20 minutes.
Regards everyone.

Registered
It took about 7 hours to download but I only get around 10mbs broadband speed living in the sticks!
Will try to get it in the car tonight as I need to use the nav in anger tomorrow heading for Gatwick through the rush hour traffic.

Registered
What size memory stick is needed to down load the update?

Registered

Registered
Ordered a 64GB, will be here tomorrow

Registered
Downloaded ok to the memory stick in couple of hours, now just need to go for a 20 min run to download it to the car. Maybe tomorrow.

Registered
Had a look yesterday and I see the latest map update (numbered as 101) is showing as 33GB.
It seems the old 32GB memory stick isn't going to cut it anymore.
Out with the 64GB one then.

Registered
After receiving a dashboard message that my sat nav maps were out of date, I set about trying to download the update and failed miserably. I had read on this forum that the downloads were slow BUT after 12 hours only 30% had been downloaded - I gave up at this point. Has anyone else experienced this issue. I used a USB 3.0 in a USB 3.0 port and I have high speed broadband

Registered
After receiving a dashboard message that my sat nav maps were out of date, I set about trying to download the update and failed miserably. I had read on this forum that the downloads were slow BUT after 12 hours only 30% had been downloaded - I gave up at this point. Has anyone else experienced this issue. I used a USB 3.0 in a USB 3.0 port and I have high speed broadband
mine downloaded to 64gb USB in 2 hrs, then the car in 20 mins

Super Moderator
I've just downloaded updated Maps for the Jaaaaag... took 2 1/2 hours. Yet to plug in into the car though...

Registered
I downloaded the maps onto a USB and did it myself. I am not sure if that applies to a 2016 model though
I did the same on my 2017 no problem. I think most owners do

Registered
I did the same on my 2017 no problem. I think most owners do
Just been out to the car, still not allowed to drive, advised to wait until first hospital checkup on Monday, anyway, the Navigation said there was a new map update available.
I went back into the house and found the 32Gb stick I used last time, it still had that map update on it! Erased it and downloaded the new update, happily fitted onto the 32Gb Stick! Says 29.5Gb used.
Incidentally I use a Mac and have no problems with map up dates on the Evoque. The Audi wouldn't tolerate Mac formatted disks! so I have to go into Bootcamp and run Win10, a right pain!

Waiting to be able to take the car out for a blast and will load the nav update at the same time.

Best

Ian

Registered
Take your time, follow orders you鈥檒l soon be out on the road again - safely :)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts