Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Hooray!
Just to add to what has been said.
I'm on around 40Mps download using Talk Talk fibre to cabinet and even that could do the download in about 3 hrs.
So something definitely isn't right with yours Vet.
But at least it's done.
(y)

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
532 Posts
(y) (y) :D

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
2h 20min to download..

But at least the Here downloader updated itself and the download started fine (using a PC), wired to router

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
2h 20min to download..

But at least the Here downloader updated itself and the download started fine (using a PC), wired to router
I used an AppleMac Pro & WiFi. Still all done now & had an engineer round yesterday to sort it

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where can I download the map update guys? Does anyone have a link they can pop up

·
Super Moderator
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I just put JLR map updates in my browser & followed the links

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
I used an AppleMac Pro & WiFi. Still all done now & had an engineer round yesterday to sort it
I'd like to say it all went smoothly... but it didn't :(

First Off Download 98% from the end,.. Network error... Had to start the Download again from scratch.

Second, put USB in car, Driving Home for 25 mins, still at 90%, drive round the block a few times...
100%... Nav Maps Not Available :mad:

Re insert the USB... Drive to shops, leave passenger in car with car running, return home, drive round block a few more times...
100% Maps now available... Phew :)

Next stop Fuel Station 😂

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Just downloaded the latest update. It took @ 90 minutes to download, then @ 30 minutes to install in the car. No issues. Did the upload on a short journey, then left the car running while I washed it when I got home.

·
Super Moderator
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
With the problems I had loading it on to the memory stick but only 20 mins to load into the car (at the second attempt admittedly), it seems the car is higher tech than home set up.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
778 Posts
Mines taken around 4.5 hours to download tonight to a decent branded USB3 memory stick . I’ve got fibre which always averages 45Mbps. I find the whole thing so irritatingly slow.

I just leave the PC on downloading the map and eventually it finishes. Sometimes it gets stuck at a particularly percentage and then when I pause and unpause it, it continues and quickly finishes.

All a very strange process.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
120 Posts
i signed up to the site and created an account. It asked for the car vin number but it wouldn’t accept the vin 🤦🏼‍♂️
Do you have an MY2021 vehicle, if so, as I understand it, neither the route planner app nor the website support it. Updates are OTA.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
778 Posts
The actual USB install of the latest map, I started as I left for work today. It took exactly 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The basic problem with the JLR map updates is the number of countries that are involved.
With the "Here" site it's all or nothing.
Have a look on the nav in the car at the map version and see which countries are loaded.
It's completely daft.
A simple solution would be to offer just UK maps or near European countries as an add-on for those wishing to take the car abroad.
🙄

·
Registered
778 Posts
Absolutely agree PhilB. We can but hope.

Not really much need for the Russian maps, given I've been nowhere in a year and unlikely to venture much further than home for the forseeable!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
The archaic system in my RCZ does allow to upload individual countries into the car, but you have to download the whole thing to the USB stick & then select which you want to update once it’s inserted in the car. In fact, you have no choice as you can only update one “region” at a time.
The problem is, it still takes between 20 & 40 minutes to upload each region to the car depending on the size of the upload.
The download, however, is much faster.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Afternoon All,

I have downloaded the update onto a USB stick and when I start the car, even making sure the engine fires up, and insert the USB it says something about unable to use the files for media. any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ay-ay - just tried it again by getting in, inserting USB, then firing up the car, switching to sat nav and a more positive message came up about an update taking up to 30 mins. Moral of the story, don't follow the JLR instructions!

·
Super Moderator
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Instructions I had from the web site :-
1 start engine
2 start navigation
3 insert USB with map update
4 follow instructions
5 do not turn of engine while map update uploads to the car

41 - 60 of 63 Posts