Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Q
That’s happened to me before. Re-format the usb stick & re-load the maps on to it.
I think that sorted mine before 🤔
i thought about doing that but I had a lot of trouble formatting to FAT32 on my desktop. Now I don't have one, I’m running an AppleMac Pro & don’t know where to start, I’ll have to Google it or Utube how to do it. It’ll give me a job to do tomorrow, I bet it’ll be raining so indoor jobs only.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You could try just deleting everything from the usb stick & then re-loading it, but if the problem is the formatting, that wouldn’t help 🤔

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I tried that last time. Deleted the content and it removed the FAT 32 format😡. I’ll sort it, get my 3 year old grandson round, he’s not at play school tomorrow 🤣

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just looked it up, seems simpler than Windows 👍 Watch this space & hold my beer 🤣

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well here we go again. I’ve cleared it out & now downloading it again. See how this one goes

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
🤞🏻

Reactions: Veteran

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
9.5 hrs, 91% done 😡

·
Registered
532 Posts
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sorry, can't help myself. (am I banned?)
Having worked from home struggling with a 2mbps broadband for many years I feel your pain.
Sods law prevailed and about 6 months after I retired Superfast Cornwall finally installed fibre to my property.
I now have 500mbps (at some cost).
Seeing JLR seem to have solved the satnav log-out bug I decided to re-subscribe to the map updates a few days ago.
About 40 minutes to download to stick - 20 minutes to load on car, job done..........
I'll get my coat. :)

(If you want to nip down to Cornwall with your memory stick.........)
Every #@*%'er else will be next week :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I’m on 350, might as well go back to string & 2 Cocoa tins! 🤣

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,573 Posts
Hamster needs fed Vet 🤣

·
Registered
532 Posts
Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sorry, can't help myself. (am I banned?)
Having worked from home struggling with a 2mbps broadband for many years I feel your pain.
Sods law prevailed and about 6 months after I retired Superfast Cornwall finally installed fibre to my property.
I now have 500mbps (at some cost).
Seeing JLR seem to have solved the satnav log-out bug I decided to re-subscribe to the map updates a few days ago.
About 40 minutes to download to stick - 20 minutes to load on car, job done..........
I'll get my coat. :)

(If you want to nip down to Cornwall with your memory stick.........)
Every #@*%'er else will be next week :rolleyes:
I’ll be down there early Sept C. Might need to take you up on that offer! Who is your provider?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’ll be down there early Sept C. Might need to take you up on that offer! Who is your provider?
:) (y)
Fairly rural where I am, all power and comms is above ground on poles, Openreach managed to string fibre cable on the poles about 2yrs ago (no cabinets within several miles). Fibre comes right in to the house and at the time BT was the only option, might be more now.
Touching wood, it's been very reliable, no problems in the two years I've had it and rock steady speed. I was worried that cable would be fragile in the trees but has survived the winds so far. (y)

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just done a speed test on my 350 mbps Virginmedia cable & it recoded 377 mbps. Still took me 9 hours. Just hope it works this time, tomorrow will tell 🤞

·
Registered
532 Posts
Something odd going on there for it to take so long with that speed. Perhaps something amiss with the USB stick or format? I used a usb3.0 stick and used a program to format FAT32 as Windows won't do that on larger sticks.
Not much help for you on a mac.

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes I’ve got a 3.0 memory stick 64mb firmatted FAT32. It worked ok last year when I updated the maps. It’s showing as correctly formatted. I’m getting onto Virginmedia tomorrow about the service. Been like it since I upgraded from 200mbps

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
107 Posts
Definitely something wrong with that, if your getting 350 to the router. I am with sky and only get 84mb to the router, but I can download the 33gb to my USB 3.0 in 45 minutes, that's with the PC on a wired connection. Something is throttling it at the pc/mac side, even a WiFi connection should not take that long....?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I had similar problems when I first got my RRE so I bought a new usb stick & that solved it.

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Definitely something wrong with that, if your getting 350 to the router. I am with sky and only get 84mb to the router, but I can download the 33gb to my USB 3.0 in 45 minutes, that's with the PC on a wired connection. Something is throttling it at the pc/mac side, even a WiFi connection should not take that long....?
I was talking to a VM engineer the other week, he suggested turning the modem off & calling them! Just done that and they will send an engineer tomorrow afternoon! 😀. I've just done another speed test, now reading 277. So it's dropping out somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Success!
Plugged it into the car earlier & it immediately started loading, so went for a run & all loaded in under 20 mins - good news at last (y)

21 - 40 of 63 Posts