Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message pop up yesterday as I got in the car to come home - map update available. Busy this morning, granddaughters 6th birthday, so will spend the next couple of days down loading it onto a USB!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
772 Posts
Yes - 33Gb or so - mine took forever to download!

Despite a half decent fibre connection it kept stalling, requiring pausing and restarting.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Hmmm, not sure what’s going on with mine. I checked that too this morning along with the OTA updates & it said I was up to date.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
There is a setting somewhere in the nav menu I think where you can stop it nagging everytime a new map version comes out.

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
107 Posts
Have to admit i have sky broadband FTTC, the 33gb normally downloads in about 45 minutes, i do recommend getting a USB3.0 memory stick, it really does improve transfer speeds, even more so if the using a USB3.0 port on the computer.

·
Super Moderator
2,724 Posts
Yep mine usually takes about 1hr 30 on usb 2.0 and FTTC

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have to admit i have sky broadband FTTC, the 33gb normally downloads in about 45 minutes, i do recommend getting a USB3.0 memory stick, it really does improve transfer speeds, even more so if the using a USB3.0 port on the computer.
My down load speed is 350mps, I’ll plug the 3.0 USB into the AppleMac Pro & report back some time next week! 🤣

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
We’re just waiting to get electricity installed up here in Yorkshire, so my download speed depends on how fast swmbo can pedal 🤔😆

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
772 Posts
Yes we've only just got streetlights - never mind 350mbps!

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right I’m off to pump out the khazi, electric yes - sewage they’re working on

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that didn’t work! Need a desktop or Mac, for some reason, won’t even work on a laptop 😡. So email fired off to Jaguar for their solution. They can’t expect everyone to have a laptop or desktop. It’s the age of AppleMacs and iffy sewage!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
🎉It’s downloading🎉 !!!

Reactions: Veteran and rencar

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Geronimo. Looks like I’ve cracked it 👍 now to download before my road tax runs out!

Reactions: Mable and DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Said no internet connection after 1.7% downloaded. Went out came back after a few hours. Rebooted modem seems to be behaving now. Bring back the ordnance survey maps & compass, can’t go wrong 😡

·
Registered
2020 D150S manual
42 Posts
mine has always taken about 3hrs only have basic broadband package,
I set it going before going to bed and leave it running all night,
Don't forget to adjust the sleep time (power saving) on pc also,
works well.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well nearly done. Taken about 24 hours!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yep, got to get that new road in downtown Moscow loaded up.
Bloody ridiculous .
😆

Reactions: Veteran

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just tried to load it in the car. Says it won’t load. Tried several times. Tried to reload onto the memory stick in the study but it says it’s already on there. Tried in the car again, same message. It’s taken all my maps & recent destinations out though! So now I have no maps or navigation 😡 Call the dealer it says, yes sure,Sunday afternoon, I’m sure they’ll come out & sort it!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
That’s happened to me before. Re-format the usb stick & re-load the maps on to it.
I think that sorted mine before 🤔

1 - 20 of 63 Posts