Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

Registered
51% One Day 10hrs left to download. :cool::) I always carry a Map.

Just imagine doing this update in your car you would need the engine running and a fuel tanker topping your fuel tank up.

I am not going to be a happy bunny if it says it's corrupted and I have to download it again.
馃ぃ

Registered
@Veteran did you put a comment all I see is a oblong shape !.

The download failed :( It Said that it was taking too long, I had to remove what had been downloaded before it would start again:(

Registered
I recall this was tried elsewhere and the download is coded for the car.
EvoMike, what download speed are you getting from your broadband?

Registered
The map updates are tied in with the car VIN !.

I am on ADSL and on a good day I can get average speed of 3.5Mbps download and 0.71upload.

Because I am a 'Geek' I monitor my internet connection 24/7 and have graphs of it's performance :) I also belong to an internet forum that help other people with there internet connection :)

This map download is varying between 140bps and 4Mbps

Registered
@Veteran did you put a comment all I see is a oblong shape !.

The download failed :( It Said that it was taking too long, I had to remove what had been downloaded before it would start again:(
Not that I can recall. I鈥檓 looking back through the thread & nothing comes to mind. What was it on reply to, it might help me figure it out Evo

Registered
I was on the same sort of speed a couple of years ago and was getting over a day and a half to do the download.
I then heard about Fibre to cabinet and found my cabinet was only about 100 metres away and was enabled.
I think it cost me a fiver or so per month to upgrade to faster fibre with Talk Talk and now I'm getting around 40Mps download speeds and the last update took about 4 Hrs 30 minutes.
The only thing I can suggest for now would be a trusted friend who has good download speeds to do it for you using your here log-in.

Registered
Think you're going to need to download it via someone else's connection that is faster. A map update/refresh is available to download monthly which I always do. My download speed is around 60Mbps but still takes anywhere between 4-6 hours to download. The upload in the car takes around 20 minutes.

Registered
@EvoMike At those low speeds, if it keeps failing, it sounds like it would be worth downloading using a friends connection if you have one on FTTC/FTTP.

Registered
The most annoying thing about this whole business is the ridiculous amount of countries this covers.
Go into the nav settings and look for the latest downoad map version and the countries it covers .
Do I really need maps for the whole of Russia?
You would think they would give an option of UK only or only Uk and close European countries.

Registered
The most annoying thing about this whole business is the ridiculous amount of countries this covers.
Go into the nav settings and look for the latest downoad map version and the countries it covers .
Do I really need maps for the whole of Russia?
You would think they would give an option of UK only or only Uk and close European countries.
Totally agree. It would be good to have the facility to pick the Countries you want should you be driving to them but not good that you are forced to download the whole of Europe/Russia at 33GB each time. Plus, it always seems to be a full map replacement and not just an update. For anyone with a capped Internet connection this would eat into the usage dramatically for no good reason. Plus being very restrictive for those with a slow connection.

Registered
31 hrs it took to download :(
It was a bit better using an Ethernet cable to the laptop.

Registered
31 hrs it took to download :(
It was a bit better using an Ethernet cable to the laptop.
And the same again next month if you want to keep it bang up to date:cautious:

Registered
Looking at the Hidden 'meta data' details of the download no wonder it takes so long it contains just about the whole world. :confused:

If you know what you are doing you could access any country or use it in any JLR car with Sat-Nav . ;)

Registered
10 Minutes to load to the car :)

61 - 76 of 76 Posts