Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you have one of the newer Evoques with an SD Card in the armrest, you can go here https://landrover.welcome.naviextras.com and download the InControlMapUpdater. You need to remove the SD card from the car, place into your computer's SD reader and the application will update the map on the card. You just need to replace the card in your car when it's finished.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a My20 and I have No SD card (as I can find !).
Does anyone have a SD cards for map up-date ?.
Under the armrest is only a 'Sim' card, 2 x usb sockets, 1x 12v socket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a My20 and I have No SD card (as I can find !).
Does anyone have a SD cards for map up-date ?.
Under the armrest is only a 'Sim' cards 2 x usb sockets, 1x 12v socket.
Landrover.here.com

Create an account, download latest maps onto a USB stick and use that to update in vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have the 3 year updates built in I believe there are 2 types of update. 1 small updates, speed cameras, poi etc
2 full map updates
1 are done over the air
2 you need to down load to a memory stick and then pop it in the car for it to do the update. Took 20 mins in the car on mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just ordered a 64Gb memory stick.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just ordered a 64Gb memory stick.
You may know this already Mike, but it needs to be formatted to FAT32.
The 64GB sticks come in the wrong format for the car.
I believe you can do it on a Mac directly.
On windows you will need software from the web.
This one is used by a lot of people including myself.
Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes I always formate them to FAT32 .
I use Linux. :)
PClinuxOS KDE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just to clarify, the old InControl system could only be updated by taking out the SD card and buying an update (used to be £70.00, although for a while they had a glitch and it was free). On my MY19 with the single screen the car tells me when there is an update and I can download this for free (for three years) from the LR Here site onto a USB stick and upload to the car. Takes for ever to download and 10-30 minutes driving to upload in the car, but I haven't had any of the problems others have reported. My bro-in-law has a MY19 E-Pace and that downloads updates direct to the car, he tells me (he may be wrong - he often is). I think posters above are talking about at least two different systems?
Hope that helps and doesn't muddy the waters even more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My20. Did mine for the second time last night. Took about 8hours to download and 20 mins to update the car this morning on my way to work

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm currently doing my first map update, 44% downloaded to USB stick so far with 1hr 24 min remaining, and I haven't formatted the stick to FAT32 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes my new stick was FAT32 when it came today :) try the download tonight as we have poor internet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Been downloading map now for 12 hrs it's saying another 18hrs to go !.:(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Europe and Russia 33GB, Not sure why I want Russia.

It's not maxing out my internet connection so the throttling of the download is some other place like there servers.

@Veteran :)

It's done 41% and now it saying another 24hrs to go :mad:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts

It's not maxing out my internet connection so the throttling of the download is some other place like there servers.

be quicker to get a map & walk 😁

·
Registered
63 Posts

From memory I was getting about 60Mbits/s or more when I last updated (probably weekday daytime), no doubt it varies a bit depending on load at the time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
51% One Day 10hrs left to download. :cool::) I always carry a Map.

Just imagine doing this update in your car you would need the engine running and a fuel tanker topping your fuel tank up.

I am not going to be a happy bunny if it says it's corrupted and I have to download it again.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts