Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Your not wrong XZ4, he's just gone to the Picture house (As we used to call it) having installed his new TV-55" in his bedroom this afternoon!! youth is wasted on the young I say!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just go to landrover.here.com

Register if you haven’t already ...think you have to enter your VIN which should then tie up with your ICTP subscription
When logged in, click on ‘Maps & Services’ and if you have a valid subscription, the map you can download will be listed

You will need to download the ‘Here Map Downloader’ which IIRC will download automatically if it isn’t already installed
When that is installed, go back to download the map again and it should launch the downloader
It will ask you to select a flash drive ... you need one with at least 32Gb. Select this and download. It takes a couple of hours even on my fibre broadband ... the map server seems to be the bottleneck.

Once it’s finished, plug the flash drive into the car ... you MUST initially be stationary with the engine running. Go to the Nav screen and it should tell you it has found a map update. Click on the Start update (you have to acknowledge a couple of times) and once it goes into the installing progress bar, you can drive off. If you try to start it when moving, it will tell you off!!

IF it’s a good download to the flash (and that isn’t a given), then the Nav will tell you it has completed and reboot. If it fails, you’ll know and will have no more Nav until you load a good update.

The update process in the car takes about 20 minutes. Don’t interrupt it by switching thencar off as it will fail and you will have no Nav and have to recover it by doing the update again.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Thanks Trapdoor, so on browser within the car-Yes, getting it now
Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Sounds too long winded and complicated to bother with. 2 hours to download onto a USB, then it may fail. Then load onto the car! That’s a terrible let down when you consider the status of the the range.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Sounds too long winded and complicated to bother with. 2 hours to download onto a USB, then it may fail. Then load onto the car! That’s a terrible let down when you consider the status of the the range.
It IS long winded, yes. Mainly because it takes so bloody long to download from the shite Here.com site. It used to be worse than it is now ... I have in the past had to leave it overnight. Loading on the car isn’t too much of a trial, and I now know not to attempt to load a download that has stalled and restarted. But how else can you do it? You have to get the data into the car somehow.

Mrs T’s Mazda is a bit easier, but hers you have to load the SD card from tha car into the PC and if the card becomes corrupt, then you have lost your Nav and need a new card from the dealer. Think I prefer the fact that you can use any US. Flash drive for ICTP.

With my old BMW, you had to buy a new DVD for every update. £200+ from a dealer or £50 on eBay. Similar for my old Evoque which I never updated in the three plus years I owned it. At least JLR have now come around to ‘free’ updates when in warranty.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Thanks Trapdoor, so on browser within the car-Yes, getting it now
Thanks again.
No, on a PC. The Map Downloader is a Windows (or OS X) app. You can’t do it directly from the web browser on the car unfortunately.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I updated mine (incontrol pro) late last year and they included changes that I had made* a few months before - not sure why yours are so far in the past.

Interestingly when I downloaded it a second time to the same USB stick for my second Range Rover, it only took a few seconds. It obviously recognised that the latest map was on the stick already but I don't know if it downloaded a small file representing the second car, or it downloaded nothing at all and it just works on all Range Rovers.

* https://mapcreator.here.com/

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Just tried to log on, the web site is down for maintenance! still nice to see JLR doing some

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
But just not on your car Veteran

In Lille, France now-very long day-up at 4-30 am
Will show you my mog if I can find the photo I took 63.7 mpg
Bloody amazing I think.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
But just not on your car Veteran

In Lille, France now-very long day-up at 4-30 am
Will show you my mog if I can find the photo I took 63.7 mpg
Bloody amazing I think.
Did that include the channel crossing? Drive safely

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Yes, channel tunnel, guess where all the problems were?
Yup the entire UK motorway network from Chester to Folkstone!

Sorry, off topic, any update on your motor Veteran?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Do you still get a milage charge when crossing the channel , and a boundary charge?, Or do you stop the meter?
Check your boot for stowaways on way home, no such thing as a free ride !
Drive carefully

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Can’t count the mileage on the train then!

Latest update from JLR CS, no reply from the dealer so they’ve escalated it up through the group. Now waiting a reply from them

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Can’t count the mileage on the train then!

Latest update from JLR CS, no reply from the dealer so they’ve escalated it up through the group. Now waiting a reply from them
There certainly dragging there heels vet

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
There certainly dragging there heels vet
I think the JLR case manager is doing her best, it’s the dealer where the problem lies Donna. They know they’re at fault

Back on topic, I’ll check the website again tomorrow but waiting delivery of a larger memory stick. Last 1 I bought was only 1 GB!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Web site is up and running again. Latest date is 2016 so my my17 must be up to date. The cost to down loads was £169 I thin it was! On a positive not my 64GB flash drive arrived from Amazon overnight, post free as my wife cancelled her Prime membership and they refunded her fee and didn’t charge for delivery, result!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Web site is up and running again. Latest date is 2016 so my my17 must be up to date. The cost to down loads was £169 I thin it was! On a positive not my 64GB flash drive arrived from Amazon overnight, post free as my wife cancelled her Prime membership and they refunded her fee and didn’t charge for delivery, result!
Hi Veteran. Result with the flash drive.
Try this address for the maps
https://landrover.here.com/index.php

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 76 Posts