Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following Phase 4 update i can now update maps. Currently downloading the map 25gb.
Anybody done the update and how long did it take as you have to keep the engine running according to instructions?
In other words do I update it on the drive or wait until I am driving somewhere?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You'll need to do a DPF regen every 500kb!
Adblue consumption will depend on the speed of your connection :D

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Mine says there is a new map to download, go to website on the screen and it just leaves me there!! any helpful step by step instruction would be very much appreciated Reecey.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine says there is a new map to download, go to website on the screen and it just leaves me there!! any helpful step by step instruction would be very much appreciated Reecey.
As requested.
As I understand you have to carry this out via a PC and not in the car.
Go to https://landrover.here.com/
Sign in with your in control user name and password.
Go to My Account then Downloads. it will show you which map you can download.
Alternatively got to Maps and Services displays which maps are included in your subscription.
Click download and follow instructions. Size of download is 25kb so you will need 32kb, mimimum, flash drive.
Took forever to download hence my question about the length of time to upload to the car, which I have not yet done

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reminds of of the old forum!

I had to 'translate' things:

U+1F44F: CLAPPING HANDS SIGN
U+1F606: SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES
Peculiar that. Emojis show perfectly on my Android phone where I usually post from but not on my PC where I am sending this from.
Other peoples Emojis seem OK on both my phone and my windows 10 PC.
See what happens now :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Takes about 15-20 mins in the car to install. I did it on my commute to work a couple of weeks back. Start the install when the engine has started and then drive off, just leave the update to do its own thing. You cannot use the sat nav whilst this is happening, so make sure you know where you are going!!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Takes about 15-20 mins in the car to install. I did it on my commute to work a couple of weeks back. Start the install when the engine has started and then drive off, just leave the update to do its own thing. You cannot use the sat nav whilst this is happening, so make sure you know where you are going!!!
Thanks for the info Drew. Will do that next time I am out and about.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reecey, are you paying for this map? the site keeps asking me for payment address etc etc, not that bothered to pay TBH!
Certainly not. I guess it is included in the InControl Pro which came with the car. The map site tells me I have three years of updates.
Wouldn't pay for it at all. I would just stick with what I've got.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info Drew. Will do that next time I am out and about.
Drew did you have any problems, like Maffy, downloading the map?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Funnily enough, did my latest map update on the way to a client site this morning. Took about 20 minutes.

The HERE downloader app is a bit flakey (especially the Mac OS X version) and if you ever get a stall in the download or it throws an error, format the flash drive and start from scratch even though it may appear you can take up from where it stopped. Last time I did this, it threw an error in the car and wiped out my Nav map, running the Nav just put a message up that said there were no maps loaded and to visit the dealer.

What I now do is have a pair of USB flash drives and always keep the ‘last known good’ map set, so if on a journey I have a dud download, I can revert back to the previous map set. Although now I have CarPlay, I can use Sygic or Google Maps at a push.

I find since Phase 4 that there are far more map updates ... used to be quarterly but now seems to be almost monthly although it may only be updating the speed camera database.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m not sure if you have the Incontrol Pro or non pro version, Maffy. The Incontrol Pro updates the maps by downloading directly to the car. I believe these updates are free for the first three years.

However, if like me you have the latter, you have to take out the sd card from the front armrest storage compartment, plug it into a pc and download the naviextras Incontrol Map Updater. This software will look for any updates. Unfortunately every update will cost you £97. I updated in October to the so called latest maps, which turned out to be Q1 2017. Today, I discovered that in December there was a new update which is for Q3 2017 but it will cost me another £97 to update. As you have no idea when the maps will be updated, the dilemma is - do I upgrade now, leave it till the spring and perhaps a Q1 2018 is out or just update every year at the same time? I don’t want to constantly pay out £97 every couple of months.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Incontrol Pro-will look further into it.
Thanks
Get your son to do it :grin: Techy stuff isn't for us oldies :wink:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts