Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just joined today and have a Orkney grey dynamic on order for early October (possibly now end September) delivery. I went for the manual version as it saves me a grand a year on company car/fuel tax. I'm just wondering whether anyone has actually driven a manual version yet and if so how was it? My salesman tells me he preferred the manual version but then he would! I'm not looking to start a whole manual v auto debate as everyone has their own preferences just some reassurance that the gearbox is actually ok (hopefully even good)!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Silverburn,

In a nut shell you will not fault the manual.....it's tight,sporty short and tight...feels very assured

You will be pleased

And yes I have driven both box's...above is my view on the manual

Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mortz that's exactly what I was hoping for! Having driven an auto at the unleashed event I was wondering if I should have just suffered the tax consequences and went for an auto but decided to keep my order for a manual. I'm sure my wife will think of something to do with the money saved!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
...buy her some shoes....put them in the boot...when she opens the boot for the 1st time say look at what LR bought you! as a thank you....even though they cost u a few hundred quid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mortz said:
Hi Silverburn,

In a nut shell you will not fault the manual.....it's tight,sporty short and tight...feels very assured

You will be pleased

And yes I have driven both box's...above is my view on the manual
Good to hear I have also ordered a Manual-dynamic!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Silverburn said:
Thanks Mortz that's exactly what I was hoping for! Having driven an auto at the unleashed event I was wondering if I should have just suffered the tax consequences and went for an auto but decided to keep my order for a manual. I'm sure my wife will think of something to do with the money saved!!!
What you doing on here Euan? You buying a Rangie?

RBD914

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just taken someones cancellation for a Dynamic with manual. Was concerned over the fact it is a manual and took a while to decide to take it and cancel my Disco. Still have some reservations but I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RBD914 said:
Silverburn said:

RBD914
Sorry I'm not Euan!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Silverburn said:
RBD914 said:
Silverburn said:

RBD914
Sorry I'm not Euan!
Sorry, mistaken identity, I know another Silverburn in Scotland, spooky!

RBD914

1 - 9 of 9 Posts