Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order for a Si4 Dynamic LUX Coupe on 11th June 2010. My dealer phoned me today to say although I was top of his list, my car could not be built in his first 10 car allocation. The reason being that the Pursuit leather was not available. Smelling a rat, I said I would speak with her indoors, and select another interior colour, but before we do that I wanted to know if any others interior combinations, including Prestige Plus were not available. He came back an hour later to sayhe thinks I could have another combination or Velocity only in Dynamic Plus, but the LUX pack was unavailable on first build.He bemoaned the supply problems all round in the LR Group, as if I cared. Un Firkin Believable. WTF r RR up 2.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think LUX pack is not the reason for delayed build Coupe. See above & my post today under "Coupe orders delayed"<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Anyone getting a September build 5 door with LUX Pack for sure?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If i like the Evoque after i see it in the flesh on Sat 21st in London Earls court then i will be ordering a 5 door Dynamic with all the options.
I will let you know if i get any probs with my order, should be placing my order next week.

I have put a deposit down months ago so i should hopefully get one soon after launch.

I'll update you soon

Onebigjobby

·
Registered
52 Posts
Morgan
Do you know if the Lux pack is gonna be a problem for those who order the Dynamic5 door version?

Also do you know when you will get your order with the Lux pack, this year?

many thanks

Onebigjobby

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check with your Dealer. I don't believe much of what I am told and I shall be cancelling my order with LOOKERS as they have failed to give me a build date for a Dynamic S4i with LUX Pack despite placing my order a year ago. SERIOUSLY WOULD ANYONE LIKE MY SLOT AS IT WILL BE LOST OTHERWISE - NO DEPOSIT PAID OTHER THAN £500- SO SPEC NOT SET IN STONE.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tnx Morgan for ur reply
I am waiting for my callup to spec my Evoque out, I too will be canceling if they do not give me my spec or a due date for this year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me wrong, i am not throwing my toys out of the pram by cancelling the Evoque. I personally think it will be an iconic classic of the future. Great packaging, style and looks (coupe) with great quality build and dynamics, and great for the ladies, but my wife who owns a big Mercedes and who has experienced impossible traction in 2 years of heavy snow wants a smaller 4WD prestige Coupe as a run around and has wished for years Mercedes would build one. At Earls Court she was much less excited than I was with the Evoque, and since Mercedes has announced it will build a 350bhp 4WD AMG A Class Coupe in early 2012, this is what she wants. Current cars E63AMG & Audi RS6 Plus Saloon.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
361 Posts
No Issue's with Lux packs here........8 of my customer builds slotted for september all with lux packs

If this was the norm within LR world....I too would have issues

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's probably/definatley down to allocation to your independant dealer from LR......plus the earnest from your dealer to tell u some porkie pies to convert what they have been given forlaunch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts