Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The ongoing Evoque/Discovery Sport exhaust scandal has been covered again in the Land Rover Monthly WInter 2020 edition.

Another un-named JLR engineering source is quoted, this time saying, "we are all aware of the issue, all dealers and their Service personnel know the problem exists, which arose from a combination of launching the vehicle with the old PSA powerplant (which worked perfectly), without realising the penalties for having a non-EU6 powerplant busy 2015."

Attachments

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've already got a MY16 Evoque (for 4+ years) and love it. But am getting the oil and filter changed annually - so, 'no probs'!!!

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It's not just the transverse D180s that have a problem. I checked my service mileage last month and on my inline engine it was 10700 miles, expect it will be less when I check it next. Wouldn't mind but we use wifes car (petrol) for short journeys. Thank goodness I've got it on PCP?

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
I don’t seem to be able to read anything when I press attachments... just blank!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If on PC / Notebook, make sure you have Adobe then check your Downloads file - just clicked on the link and it downloaded onto my notebook.. interesting read !

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,915 Posts
If on PC / Notebook, make sure you have Adobe then check your Downloads file - just clicked on the link and it downloaded onto my notebook.. interesting read !
FWIW - These days you don't need Adobe s/w to read PDFs - all the modern browsers can handle them :)
Makes it easier than having to 'maintain' Adobe.

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
Good point, most people still think you would need Adobe-things have certainly moved on in the PC world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts