Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear My fellow evoques and evoqueses,
I think its high time that LR gives its customers the answers we are all waiting for, as delivery dates changing,Xenons being removed, problems with the pan roof, exhausts being one pipe or 2 ect ect

I am deeply concerned by the lack of respect towards us paying valued/new customers to the brand, i must be honest i am really considering my options as i have never expected the guessing games that has been going on, from my experience with LR being a new customer, i had tried my dealer to confirm 1 or 2 pipe with the Pure was informed i will have 2 then rumours stated 1, i even called overseas dealers who did not have a clue !!! even today i called LR and was informed that i will have 2 pipes but 1 downpipe from the engine to the rear of which will have 2 pipes !!!

im sure we are going through different issues, my point is simple if i seen the vehicle on LR site configurator and shows 2 pipes then thats exactly what your getting, as if you select the Dynamic you will see the difference, whether its magazines ect what you see is what you liked and thats a main reason why us new and exisiting customers are purchasing this unique vehicle.

Having said that LR must inform there customers within UK or abroad exactly what he/she is getting, as now on LR site the Xenons have dissapeared like a breaking wind!!!!!

this whole experience has left me with a kind of soar taste and would have expected better communication to customers first and formost.

I feel we customers must demand an explanation as this is unexceptable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I signed my order off yesterday I asked the dealer about the xenon issue and after going away to check he advised me that yes it was a problem but it's now been sorted and all cars should still get them on.

Still worth checking with your own dealer I suppose

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, I have been to the factory and witnessed first hand the efforts being made to get the cars out the door on time and to the right quality. If some component supplier has screwed up because it can't meet LR's quality demands and volume needs, it's unfortunate but does not warrant this hysterical ranting and knicker knotting.

Hey, it's just a car. Chill, enjoy what's left of summer and have a few glasses of wine. Your Evoque will be here soon enough. And just think, as long as you don't have it, you won't have to worry about some low-life scratching it or the thing breaking down. Instead, enjoy the eagerness of anticipation...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I 100% agree with your views, and concur that the service from LR is appalling. We are spending upwards of £30k and can expect at the very least common decency.

Not once, and I mean never, has the dealer contacted me, I have always had to do the running. Not to confirm my order, tell me about launch, get me in a car when they arrived, firm up spec, update me on lead times, discuss likely delivery dates, inform me of production issues, not once. It is shocking and I am seriously thinking of walking and getting something else.

I have now resorted to getting colleagues in the trade to make calls to dealers as they are more likely to get some honesty. When he did make a call yesterday he was told there was a 6 week delay on all pure cars (some posts on this forum support this) caused by roof and xenon issues, and that LR had asked all dealers to pass this on to customers. Needless to say I am still waiting.

They also said that no dealer has been able to firm up orders on Pure models. Now some people on this forum tell me of dates they are due to get cars, but as far as I can tell no one has received a pure yet (other than showroom models that LR have told dealers they can sell). That is another point, my dealer sold the pure in teh showroom. I am told I am number 1 pure order on their books, when the car came available for sale do you think they thought their first customer may want it?

I would be delighted to discuss any of these points with LR direct and help them understand current customer service levels.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Hammie2k, I too have ordered a Pure with Xenons and have just got back from holiday so will need to check with my dealer whether my order will be fulfilled, I suspect the dealer I'm with might be the same as yours (Farnell Bradford), can you sned me a PM with your contact number so that we cna have a quick chat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't buy buy the car if you are already not happy with the service. You should just let someone else take it off your hands

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was one of the questions I asked on my factory tour.Time allowed, so we investigated a little and although I would not take it as gosbel as there are 380000 different combination options with the Evoque it seemed to us on the day that the 150ps diesel had one tail pipe and the 190ps had two. A bit more info to help your quest evoq1........

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thx for that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts