Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take my 2018 landmark to dealer this morning to have the rear camera replaced. Very icy morning and on starting the car,I noticed the low battery warning. I mentioned this at the dealership and was surprised to be told it would cost 拢29.99 to check and recharge the battery.馃
My question is if I'd charged the battery myself would the warning message be deleted. The lad on the service desk said not, and I would have to take it in, and have them reset the system at a cost of, you guessed, 拢29.99.
Surely that can't be right?

Registered
Sounds like they just wanted the 拢30 off you. I鈥檝e had the warning a few times, gone for a drive and it鈥檚 been fine.

Registered
Low battery warnings go away as soon as the battery is in good health.
You do need a AGM compatible charger though.

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Had to take my 2018 landmark to dealer this morning to have the rear camera replaced. Very icy morning and on starting the car,I noticed the low battery warning. I mentioned this at the dealership and was surprised to be told it would cost 拢29.99 to check and recharge the battery.馃
My question is if I'd charged the battery myself would the warning message be deleted. The lad on the service desk said not, and I would have to take it in, and have them reset the system at a cost of, you guessed, 拢29.99.
Surely that can't be right?
For around the cost of their 2 X 29.99 you can get yourself a nice CTEK smart charger and conditioner!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts