Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the level of charge that the vehicle gives in operation, when you stop it drops to 25% charge, this is due to the update "N503" that had a risk of fire from the 48v to 12v converter, now it charges the battery much less, tit's the same in PHEVs.

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to update, this vehicle hates battery maintainers, if they use these the combertidor does not charge the battery correctly until it feels like it, I use the CTEK MXS 5.0 model, but seeing what it does I will not use it again.
Gadget Audio equipment Office supplies Font Tool

Reactions: Langdonfairchild

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soon I will have the FERVE F-9050 maintainer charger, when I try it I will publish the experiences.
Product Peripheral Font Audio equipment Gadget

·
Administrator
3,389 Posts
Just to update, this vehicle hates battery maintainers, if they use these the combertidor does not charge the battery correctly until it feels like it, I use the CTEK MXS 5.0 model, but seeing what it does I will not use it again.
Can you please elaborate further on why you think this is a problem?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,141 Posts
Just to update, this vehicle hates battery maintainers, if they use these the combertidor does not charge the battery correctly until it feels like it, I use the CTEK MXS 5.0 model, but seeing what it does I will not use it again. View attachment 11868
Strange, because that's what the dealers in the UK have plugged in under showroom cars so they can leave the DRL's on 24/7

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you can see I have a few charge testers, one of them gives the voltage, when I connect the charge maintainer, when leaving with the vehicle it gives 11v charge voltages, and it does not charge correctly again until after a time that is not fixed, can hours or days, then reload normal unless you reconnect the maintainer, i still don't know if it's the maintainer that is broken or the vehicle that doesn't support charging as I want to get a diagnostic device. I need a powerful maintainer to be able to use it, then I'll see if it does the same

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
I have a ctek mxs 5.0 and monitor the battery voltage using a BM2 which doesn’t export it’s readings but here is a screenshot.
Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

Other than a few odd readings where I was messing around/I mean trying things, the car is very new to me, it gives the kind of voltages that I’d expect from a battery on charge. The battery was part way through stage 6 when I had to stop. I should also explain that the car had probably been sat on a dealers forecourt for most of the time since November ‘21 when it was prepared for resale.
As a general comment, the Auto Stop feature hasn’t yet worked even after 2 100 mile journeys involving about 60 miles of motorway each. Also, not noticeable on a daily graph but obvious over 7 days, the battery voltage declines very gradually.

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
Just to update this thread. I put the battery on charge for a whole day and took it up past the conditioning phase to the battery maintaining stage. Started the engine and BM2 didn show any charge. Shut down and restarted the engine and got the same result. I decided to disconnect the earth lead and leave the car for a while and drink some tea.
Reconnected the earth lead, started the engine, this time BM2 gave a better result. The alternator was putting out 14.3 volts. Over all, a result, as now the MHEV is working as it should, for the first time in a month. Stopping at junctions is now a little eerie, with the engine stopping and the car sitting in silence until I release the brake, or, if hold has engaged, I touch the throttle and the car wafts down the road. A whole different experience from a 15 year old manual Freelander 2. It was a great car, never let me down on the road but as different from my Evoque as chalk is from cheese.

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just one point, not to mention that my charger works incorrectly, the reconditioning mode should not be used with the battery connected in the vehicle since it gives a high voltage that many components can be damaged, it exceeds 15V in this mode in stage 6 .
Rectangle Font Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Circle

·
Registered
MY22 P300e R-Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Duo Cloud leather, Pano roof, 20” 5079 Diamond Turned
318 Posts
Just to update this thread. I put the battery on charge for a whole day and took it up past the conditioning phase to the battery maintaining stage. Started the engine and BM2 didn show any charge. Shut down and restarted the engine and got the same result. I decided to disconnect the earth lead and leave the car for a while and drink some tea.
Reconnected the earth lead, started the engine, this time BM2 gave a better result. The alternator was putting out 14.3 volts. Over all, a result, as now the MHEV is working as it should, for the first time in a month. Stopping at junctions is now a little eerie, with the engine stopping and the car sitting in silence until I release the brake, or, if hold has engaged, I touch the throttle and the car wafts down the road. A whole different experience from a 15 year old manual Freelander 2. It was a great car, never let me down on the road but as different from my Evoque as chalk is from cheese.
Great result - are you saying the car moves using battery only after a stop? Ours stops the engine when in hold but immediately starts when throttle touched even at 2mph crawling forwards.

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
Great result - are you saying the car moves using battery only after a stop? Ours stops the engine when in hold but immediately starts when throttle touched even at 2mph crawling forwards.
No, if slowing down and braking below about 17 mph the engine cuts unless I release the brake then the engine restarts. If I continue to brake at standstill the engine doesn’t start until I release the brakes. If I push on the brake hard enough to instigate hold I can release the brake pedal. The engine starts when I press the accelerator pedal.
My understanding of the MHEV was that it assists the ICU when moving off not that it was able to move the car for even a short distance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts