Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am new here I have a 65 plate corris grey evoque and am just waiting for my new seoul pearl silver evoque due in next two weeks

Unfortunately I have misplaced the spare key and the 65 plate car is going back to lease in 2 weeks !!

I went to Land Rover and they said they would also have to replace KVM - £190, key £160, key cut £50. labour £90 plus vat = £588!!!

Can anyone advise on a cheaper alternative?

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
Just buy one on ebay then hand it in, chances are the receiving dealer won't check that they both work-being present is what will count.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Maffy - AKA Arfur Bloody Dailly 🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Won't be the first to hand in a dodgy key. I've had it done to me. I try to remember to check both work now.

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
Agreed, but the last thing the dealer is looking for is a key NOT working, simply that there are two there-after they accept it odne deal!
Not normally into that kind of thing but over £500 for a new key--Kiss my plums!-that is robbery.

·
Registered
876 Posts
£588 for a new key-----JLR HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME.:eek::oops:o_O(n)(n):poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:😡🤬

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It's not just a JLR thing, keys for a lot of other makes cost similar ridiculous amounts...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi - I am new here I have a 65 plate corris grey evoque and am just waiting for my new seoul pearl silver evoque due in next two weeks

Unfortunately I have misplaced the spare key and the 65 plate car is going back to lease in 2 weeks !!

I went to Land Rover and they said they would also have to replace KVM - £190, key £160, key cut £50. labour £90 plus vat = £588!!!

Can anyone advise on a cheaper alternative?
I have a spare disco4 key which looks very similar if of any use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts