Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New member but have my heart set on the Evoque R Dynamic with petrol engine (no more than 10k miles per year)

I have a 40k cash budget but not purchased a brand new car before, so need some helpful tips to get the best deal.

Going on the website, build your own is all well and good but I suspect going in to my local dealership is better? Im looking at new for the 3 year peace of mind warranty but open to 2nd hand if it has 2 years warranty left?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2018 HSE DYN LUX 290A Black Pack
91 Posts
40k will just about get you a basic model, for which you will forever moan and groan about this or that not included.
If you have the cash, there are options:
Invest the 40k in this years S and S ISA (you and your partner) with a reputable company like BP or LLOYDs as examples. The dividends are good and way above inflation. ALL profits from divis AND capital are tax free. Take a loan out over say 3 years with your bank for approx 3% to pay monthly for your 'new' car. This way you actually make money going fwd.

Secondly. I bought our MY70 Audi with cash....or atleast I tried to. I haggled online with every main dealer and broker nationally for the best discount on a new S3. Best I got was 11%. I then walked into our local main audi dealer and told them I want to buy from them and they need to beat 11%. They agreed to equal that amount and knock a £1000 off as well. I then offered to pay cash for that final price and do you know what they said?
Buy the car thru our audi finace agreement over 4 years and they will further discount the car by another £1000 (audi finace would, not main dealers)!!
Since when did finance beat cash???? I was lost for words. Win win.
Finally, if you are going to keep the 'new' car for a while (5+yrs), then fine...buy new.
But always always consider demo models up to a year old. They usually come 'loaded' and much of the sting of depreciation has been absorbed, saving you a (relative) fortune.
£40k would buy you a £46-£48k demo car, maybe more.

A diesel Evoque will depreciate further and faster than a petrol one.

4WD

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
24 Posts
Have a look on Land Rover UK website, they have many already built, in stock cars available with big discounts. I managed to get over £7k off the list price of my new P300e.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Drivethedeal.com always have some decent offers on. The latest email I had was

C9C2E4C6-FA5C-4D12-84BA-CA6012405164.jpeg

CarWow is another good source for checking discounted prices and you can input the exact spec you’re looking for with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts