Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 2.0 D150 SE Narvik Black 20" 5 Split Spoke Alloys
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I have watched and read posts for a number of years - perhaps lockdown has tipped me into joining. We are now onto our third Evoque and I can relate to the loooong oil dilution and build quality issues. Rather than syndicate our tale to Amazon Prime (at least eight series) and to cut a long story short, overall, we love the car. My wife thinks it looks like a cheeky boy's baseball cap on back to front! After initially having a MY16 lemon (first name terms with local JLR staff and receptionist knowing and having my brand of coffee waiting each visit), the dealer got us an upgrade from a SE to Autobiography (all bells and whistles). This was really good but as the warranty was about to expire and needed new tyres (tales from this Forum of what might/would/definitely go wrong, was our cue to change. I have to say I love this model; drives beautifully but with sufficient grunt when required; customisable screens - prefer dual dial with centre satnav (I keep a suitable lint-free cloth to keep them finger print free); door warning when opening (great when so many bikes around).Moving from an Autobiography I do miss the heated steering wheel (Should have asked for gloves this Christmas); blind spot monitoring (Now have to pay proper attention); possibly seat cooling (judge that one in summer); swift acceleration (loved beating boy racers from a standing start).
All things considered, I have been (and still am) happy with the Evoque. My local dealer at the time has been very fair (2 free services, 3 free oil changes, £500 credit from JLR for issues with RRE1 - (paid for new set of tyres on RRE2); + no quibble warranty work (complete new wiring loom, rear brake pads x 2 cars (usual 'graunch') etc etc.!. Even though now moved, still on first name terms with customer service manager.
In a nutshell, if I was stopped in the street (Covid secure and socially distanced of course) and asked to describe the Evoque and would I recommend it, my response would be " quirky but in a good sense" and " emphatically "yes!"
(I have previous experience of BMW X5; Audi A8; Saab 5 HOT so appreciate the qualities of a good mile-muncher.)

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Welcome mate!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,612 Posts
@MO0dy Welcome to the forum.
Great post (y)

Good to hear your dealer came through - perhaps name them if you are happy to as they sound decent?

·
Registered
MY20 2.0 D150 SE Narvik Black 20" 5 Split Spoke Alloys
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MO0dy Welcome to the forum.
Great post (y)

Good to hear your dealer came through - perhaps name them if you are happy to as they sound decent?
Farnell Bury (then they moved to Farnell Bolton): in our years of dealing with them, one guy stood out - Martyn Edwards. I do not give out praise lightly but Martyn was always there for us.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Good to see you’ve come out at last 👍

·
Super Moderator
2,620 Posts
Welcome, you must love them to stick with it!

·
Super Moderator
8,779 Posts
Nice post.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,103 Posts
Excellent introduction Moody and welcome to the EOC

It is great when peeps realise this is a forum for like minded individuals that have an interest in the Evoque and land rovers in general.
Many just seem to think it is a free help desk, which is fine if they can manage to use the search function.

So only three Evoques until you decided to join the EOC.

Reactions: HmmmUK

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,612 Posts
Excellent introduction Moody and welcome to the EOC

It is great when peeps realise this is a forum for like minded individuals that have an interest in the Evoque and land rovers in general.
Many just seem to think it is a free help desk, which is fine if they can manage to use the search function.

So only three Evoques until you decided to join the EOC.
Perhaps this statement should be in the EOC website header ;)

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts